Band 4 Personal Assistant, Administrative Assistant
Temporary Band 4 Personal Assistant will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £11.53 p/h
Location: 12-22 Linenhall Street, Belfast
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To provide support to Deputy Director of Hospital and Community Care Services in an efficient, effective and high-quality manner and to act as a conduit between the Director, Deputy Director, local offices and all other Health and Social Care organisations e.g., Public Health Agency, Business Services Organisation and Health and Social Care Trusts to ensure that effective communication is in place at all times. The post holder will be responsible for co-ordinating a workload which will meet the demands of the Deputy Director and where appropriate. Prioritise workload and follow up action ensuring all deadlines are met.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the organisation and provision of administrative and secretarial support to the Deputy Director of Hospital and Community Care. This will include electronic diary management, dictation, word-processing, mail management, file maintenance and the preparation of papers, reports, presentations, briefings etc.
- Comply with established office procedures, maintain, and monitor the filing system for the Directorate in line with Information Governance Records Management requirements.
- Research, collation, and presentation of information and reports as necessary.
- Taking appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone, and other enquiries, ensuring effective messaging and "bring forward" systems are in place and that the necessary follow up action is undertaken.
- Drafting correspondence and reports on behalf of the Deputy Director of Hospital and Community Care.
- To assist in organising meetings for Deputy Director of Hospital and Community Care including the preparation and timely issue of agenda and papers, where necessary take and produce minutes and assist with progression of business. The PA will assist in Note Taking/Minutes during Zoom meetings.
- Responsible for initiating and follow up action arising from the Deputy Director of Hospital and Community Care meetings.
- Ensure outstanding invoices for approval are brought to the attention of the Deputy Director and invoices are cleared using the Finance Process Manager (FPM) system.
- Ensure Annual Leave requests/Travel Claims for relevant staff are brought to the attention of the Deputy Director for approval using Human Resources Pay Travel Subsistence (HRPTS).
- To maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation, maintaining appropriate communication networks and presenting a professional image appropriate to the office of the Deputy Director of Hospital and Community Care.
- To deal with the receipt, distribution and action of all mail and correspondence, including email.
- To liaise with external agencies on behalf of the Deputy Director of Hospital and Community Care.
- To maintain electronic calendar's and make appointments and arrange meetings as required by the Director.
- To record all invitations issued to Deputy Director of Hospital and Community Care in accordance with Strategic Planning and Performance Group's Gifts & Hospitality Policy
- To organise meetings internally and externally ensuring all relevant travel arrangements are in place and accommodation booked when necessary.
- To provide administrative support to the Social Care and Children Directorate Administration Team and provide support to the Business Support Manager. The PA to the Director shall provide support and cover for the PA Deputy Director for Social Care and Children Services when cover is required for leave.
GCSE Math's and English Grade C or above or equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
AND NVQ Level 3, 2 'A' Levels or equivalent NQF Level 3 qualification or higher qualification AND 18 months relevant experience'
3 years relevant experience*
Relevant experience is defined as working in a secretarial role as a PA to include typing, diary management, and communication with all levels in the Organisation and external to the Organisation.
RSA Stage II (both parts) typing or word processing or equivalent OR 3 years word processing experience in an office / work environment
- Effective communications skills which will meet the needs of the post in full
- An ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage workload effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Paid experience in the use of Microsoft packages which include, Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to provide leadership and support to team members
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.McArthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.