Band 4 Personal Assistant for Chief Executives Office
Temporary Band 4 Personal Assistant will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £11.53 p/h
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital, Non-Clinical Support Building
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To provide support to the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/Senior HQ staff in an efficient, effective and high-quality manner and to act as a conduit between the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/Senior HQ and the Executive Team. The post holder will be accountable to the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/Senior HQ staff and will be responsible for the coordination of their workload and for ensuring necessarily follow up action and deadlines are met.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the organisation and provision of personal assistant duties and support to the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/Senior HQ staff. This will include, diary management, dictation, word processing, mail management, file maintenance and the preparation of papers, reports, briefings etc.
- Establish office procedures and the creation of a filing system for the office in line with Records Management requirements.
- Research, collation and presentation of information and reports as necessary.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries to the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/Senior HQ staff ensuring effective messaging and "bring forward" systems are in place and that the necessary follow up action is undertaken.
- Draft correspondence and reports on behalf of the Chairman/Chief Executive/ Director/Senior HQ staff.
- Service all meetings including the preparation and timely issue of agenda and papers, production of minutes and progression of business.
- Be responsible for initiating and follow up action arising from various meetings arranged by the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/Senior HQ staff.
- Maintain effective working relationships and appropriate communication networks with key stakeholders both internal and external to the Trust, and present a professional image appropriate to the office of the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/Senior HQ staff.
- Deal with the receipt, distribution and action of all mail and correspondence.
- Liaise with the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety and other external agencies on behalf of the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/ Senior HQ staff.
- Maintain the diaries of the Chairman/Chief Executive/Director/Senior HQ staff, make appointments and arrange meetings as required.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the senior management team.
- This job description is subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the postholder works. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time by other Senior HQ staff.
At least 3 years' experience as a personal assistant/secretary to include experience of diary management, servicing meetings and minute taking.
High level word processing, excel and PowerPoint skills and hold at least RSA Stage 2 Typing and/or Audio Typing or equivalent level of skill gained through experience
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement, initiative and discretion.
- High level minute taking to include quick turnaround of same.
- The ability to support the team through complex issues.
- The ability to prioritise emerging issues.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.McArthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.