Band 4 Pharmacy Higher Clerical Officer
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Pharmacy Higher Clerical Officer required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 4 Pharmacy Higher Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours
- Daily verifying of invoices Electronic Data Interchangeable (EDI) and non-Electronic Data Interchangeable on pharmacy computer system and making the final decision if invoices should be passed for payment and sent to finance department.
- Display and use judgemental skills in regard to returning and issuing stock and be knowledgeable in the following area: impact on stock values, identify differences in generic and branded products, contract enquiry programme, downloading invoices, credit notes and recharges, identify when company has supplied incorrect brand, strength, pack size or quantity, identify when systems have failed when monetary value is incorrect, price agreement folders and regional contract folders and external spreadsheet from BSO PaLs.
- Verifying a range of information for manual invoices/credits not on the pharmacy system for the finance department. This involves careful investigation and interpretation of various detailed paperwork on a regular basis.
- Resolve complex invoice queries by checking live and archive accounts, assess and decide on amending appropriate data.
- Responsible for creating and regularly inputting data onto a spreadsheet for communication to contracts office for resolution. Responsible for the update and maintenance of the spreadsheet upon receipt of information sent back and using this information to resolve invoice queries and then verifying invoice.
- Responsible for obtaining outstanding credit notes and checking accurately before deciding on the correct method of processing and inputting.
- Responsible for accurate input of data, including medical terminology and pharmaceutical terminology onto Medicines Information databases.
- Writing, validating and biannually reviewing clerical SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). Contribute to the policies and identify and improve new service needs in the department.
- Post holder expected to have knowledge of financial and business time scales, legislation, policies and SOPs.
- Deciding on appropriate necessary action with dealing with various complex supplier issues and queries. Communicating and negotiating with relevant companies, instructing technicians on appropriate action and completing relevant paperwork.
- Training and monitoring of other staff within the department on complex clerical duties as allocated by senior staff, following policies and procedures. Ability to negotiate and motivate staff as required.
- Checking accuracy and recommending amendments if necessary and then verifying, Notification of Goods Returned' to Suppliers on computer.
- Extracting and analysing information from both the pharmacy system and a range of relevant sources regarding suppliers/items on a daily basis and preparing collated information for meetings on at least a fortnightly basis.
- Design and deliver talks and presentations to staff within the department when required in order to motivate staff and improve working practices.
- Stationery - order, monitor and maintain a stationery system for the department. Ordering, checking off the relevant delivery, resolving discrepancy queries and sorting storage.
- Responsible for the ordering and distribution of the Adult and Children British National Formularies for the Northern Trust, with the exception of medical staff. Updating the database regularly ensuring accurate input of data.
HND/HNC or equivalent plus 1 year experience in a financial setting
5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) to include English Language and Mathematics plus 2 years recent clerical experience in a financial setting*
GCSEs English Language and Mathematics plus 5 years recent clerical experience in a financial setting*
Plus RSA stage 2 word processing
*Clerical experience in a financial setting is considered to comprise of, for example:-
Working with invoices/credits
Evidence of working to time frames, data analysis.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.