|Salary||Up to £12.25 per hour|
|Published||20 days ago|
Band 4 Pharmacy Technician
Band 4 Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £12.25 p/h
Location: Mater Hospital, Belfast
Duration: 6m ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be a member of a team providing pharmaceutical services to the Belfast Trust in either: a pharmacy department of the Belfast City, Knockbracken, Mater, Musgrave and Royal Hospitals where the Pharmacy Technician will be involved in the work of various sections within the department on a rotational basis.
Or: Victoria Pharmaceuticals, the Plenum Building, where the Pharmacy Technician will participate in the manufacture of pharmaceutical specials, licensed and unlicensed assembly activity.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To dispense prescriptions.
- To prepare and package pharmaceutical products.
- To participate in the work of the Distribution/Stores Section.
- To participate in the work of the Aseptic Service Section.
- To participate in the work of the Ward Services Section.
- To participate in the work of the Computer Control Section.
- To participate in the clinical pharmacy service to wards as part of the integrated Medicines Management Service in the Belfast Trust
- To maintain equipment and dispensing areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- To supervise and assist in the training of: Student Technicians, Assistant Technical Officers.
- To ensure that work practices and the working environment conform to the requirements of current legislation and professional recommendations.
- To participate in the weekend and statutory holiday rota.
- To participate in Pharmacy Extended Hours Service.
- To perform any other duties as assigned to you by the Chief Technician or the Senior Pharmacist in your allocated section.
- The postholder will be expected to participate in life-long learning, maintain awareness of current practice and attend such courses and training as may be deemed necessary by the Pharmacy Services Manager, Clinical Lead and/or the Head of Pharmacy.
- Manufacture sterile and non-sterile specials on the Victoria Pharmaceuticals product portfolio.
- Daily preparation of all equipment, screens and work areas both within and outside the clean room. Cleaning down of these areas at the close of day or as necessary. This includes setting up filters and filling equipment.
- Washing and preparing containers and closures, including sterilisation of containers, closures and equipment for aseptic preparation.
- Participating in the preparation of bulk aseptic solutions ready for filling.
- Filling solutions for terminal sterilisation into appropriate containers either by hand or using semi-automatic machinery.
- Participating in the aseptic filling and sealing of products including those sterilised by filtration.
- Capping or heat sealing containers as appropriate.
- Packing and preparing filled containers for sterilisation including submerging ampoules in dye solutions and applying autoclave tape.
- Loading and unloading autoclaves. Operating pre-set controls and carrying out and recording in-process checks.
- Viewing of all products for particulate matter.
- Labelling and packing of products into forms suitable for issue.
- Preparation of production rooms for non-sterile manufacturing and assembly including batch record card and label generation.
- Operation of equipment to support non-sterile manufacturing and assembly.
- Completion of all necessary manufacturing documentation appropriate to your grade.
- Placing manufactured batches in quarantine and forwarding samples to Quality Control.
- On authorisation from Quality Control, removing the batch from quarantine and placing in store, ready for issue.
If qualified after June 2009
- Either a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in principles and practise for pharmacy technicians (new qualification) OR a BTEC and NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services OR equivalent knowledge and competency based qualifications in pharmacy (see below equivalent qualifications) plus a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours per week,
- Technicians holding a BTEC qualification (or equivalent knowledge based qualification) and willing to undertake NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy services plus a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours per week
If qualified before June 2009
- BTEC level 3 National certificate in Pharmacy Services or equivalent knowledge based qualification in pharmacy (see below equivalent qualifications) plus a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours per week
Student Technicians scheduled to qualify by 31/08/22 will be eligible to apply and appointed subject to passing relevant qualification/s
Equivalent BTEC / knowledge based qualifications
- City & Guilds Level 3 Cert in Pharmacy Services (100/5845/X)
- Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Certificate Pharmacy Services (500/1138/8)
- SQA level 3 National Certificate Pharmacy Services (GA6P46)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma Pharmaceutical Science (500/9959/0)
- Edexcel Level 3 Diploma Pharmaceutical Science (500/9939/5)
- Buttercups Level3 knowledge based programme
- NPA Level 3 Underpinning knowledge programme
Equivalent NVQ / competency based qualifications
- City and Guilds Level 3 NVQ (NQF) Pharmacy services (100/2201/6)
- Edexcel Level 3 NVQ (NQF) Pharmacy services (100/2615/0)
- SQA Level 3 SVQ Pharmacy Services (G759 23)
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ (QCF) Diploma Pharmacy Service Skills (500/9576/6)
- Edexcel Level 3 NVQ (QCF) Diploma Pharmacy Service Skills (500/9578/X)
- SQA Level 3 SVQ Pharmacy Services (GA08 23)
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless of if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.