Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 4 Procurement Officer is required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 4 Procurement Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.20 per hour
Hours: 37.5hrs (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Proactively reviewing and sourcing goods and services in line with value for money principles.
- Purchasing goods and services including the utilisation of the tendering and quotation process in accordance with HSCNI procedures to achieve value for money.
- Ensure all purchases are made in accordance with relevant legislation including European and British Standards.
- Providing purchasing advice and information to customers relating to the choice of goods and services.
- Operating a PC and computer systems to facilitate the delivery of a purchasing service.
- Resolving invoice queries in conjunction with HSCNI Finance Departments to ensure prompt payment of suppliers.
- Responding to queries from suppliers.
- Approving buying orders in line with delegated authority limits, if required.
- Liaising with PaLS colleagues in all sites on supplies related matters including participation in groups.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers to ensure contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Supervision and training of Band 3s, if required.
1a. GCSE Mathematics and GCSE English (A« - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification;
Two x A Levels or equivalent qualification
18 months' relevant business/commercial/ financial experience*;
1b. GCSE Mathematics and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
Primary Degree and 6 months' relevant business/ commercial/financial experience*
1c. GCSE Mathematics and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.