Band 4 Project Support for BSO ITS
Temporary Band 4 Project Support will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £11.53 p/h
Location: 6th Floor, Great Victoria Street Belfast
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To provide administrative support to the relevant programme, assisting the project teams in the delivery of a range of projects in an efficient, effective, and high-quality manner.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the organisation and provision of administrative duties and projects support to the relevant programme, in line with PRINCE guidance. This will include diary management, minute taking, word processing, mail management, file maintenance and the preparation of papers, reports, briefings etc to ensure that project requirements are met.
- Research, collation, and presentation of information and reports as necessary.
- Taking appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone, and other enquiries, ensuring effective messaging and "bring forward" systems are in place and that necessary follow up action is undertaken.
- Providing support to service users, ensuring queries or requests are dealt with in line with project and system processes and procedures.
- Drafting correspondence and reports on behalf of the relevant programme and Project Managers.
- To service all meetings including the preparation and timely issue of agenda and papers, production of minutes and the progression of minutes.
- Responsible for initiating and follow up action arising from various meetings pertaining to relevant projects.
- To maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external, maintaining appropriate communication networks and always presenting a professional image.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc. to a high standard, as required - using a word processing system or through digital dictation.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Telephone duties- dealing with queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Always maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade that may be assigned from time to time by senior officers.
- Engage in personal and professional development to maintain a high level of relevant knowledge and skills.
- Development of knowledge of the relevant business areas associated with the ICT service or Project.
- Maximise the use of ICT Services ensuring best value for money and most efficient use of resources
- Participate fully in BSO quality initiatives particularly those involving ITS and specifically the application of ISO 20000.
- Use and comply with the ITS service management processes for management and functional escalation of problems and incidents.
- Follow BSO ITS change, release, and configuration management processes.
- Assist the Service Manager to ensure any ICT Services operational documentation for which they are responsible for is kept up to date.
4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent/higher qualification AND 2 years' experience in an administrative/project role
HNC /HND or equivalent/higher qualification in an administrative/project related field and 1 years' experience in an administrative / project role
3 years' experience in an administrative / project role.
- general administrative duties to include but not exclusive of calendar management, minute taking, word processing, mail management, file maintenance and the preparation of papers, reports,
- service meetings including the preparation and timely issue of agenda and papers, production of minutes and the progression of minutes, initiating and follow up action arising from various meetings
- using MS packages esp. MS Office, MS Word and MS Excel and using VC software e.g., zoom/ MS Teams
- research, collation, and presentation of information and reports as necessary
- general good communication skills and experience with liaising with and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and a proven ability work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (as appropriate to meet the needs of the post in full), and to establish good professional relationships.
- Ability to analyse complex data and present results in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail, whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prepare meeting agendas and minute take as required.
- Knowledge of the structure and key business of Health & Social Care.
- At least 12 months experience in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience of analysing complex data and presenting results in an appropriate manner.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.McArthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.