Band 4 Senior Secretary
Role: Band 4 Senior Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.20
Location: Knockbracken Health Park, Belfast
Duration: At least 3 months
- To provide daily administrative and secretarial support functions, including drafting and typing letters, audio typing, data inputting and processing, email management, records management etc.
- To organise and maintain diaries as required and to ensure the Director/Assistant Director is well prepared for meetings with relevant supporting agenda and paperwork.
- To utilise Microsoft Office applications in order to produce high quality documents, presentations and reports as required.
- To deal with incoming emails, faxes and post and ensure effective and timely management of same, ensuring that action is taken and issues prioritised.
- To manage telephone calls, enquiries and requests from internal and external stakeholders as required, ensuring that action is taken and issues prioritised.
- To ensure that all information is produced in line with current legislation requirements and policies/procedures within the Trust, in a timely, accurate and confidential manner.
- To provide administrative services for specific Committees, meetings and projects including organising of meetings, issuing of agendas, supporting documentation and initiating follow-up actions as required. Minute/note taking responsibilities as directed.
- To devise and maintain office administration systems to deal efficiently with paper flow; organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer based information eg monitoring/brought forward systems, management information systems, filing systems etc and the implementation of improvements and additions required, in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures.
- To monitor and request orders relating to Office stationery to ensure adequate supplies are maintained.
- To arrange travel and accommodation requirements; and provide administrative support to Workshops/events, as required.
- To ensure verification of invoices e.g. travel arrangements, course attendance, accommodation and hospitality purposes.
- To welcome visitors, corporate guests and arrange/provide hospitality as required.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English/English Language and Maths, or equivalent educational qualifications.
- 2 years experience in an administrative or secretarial position.
- Word/Text Processing Level 2 - OCR/RSA or equivalent
- Ability to minute/note-take at Committee level, meetings etc.
- Ability to delegate, motivate and use initiative
- Hold a current UK driving licence and access to a car on appointment
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 28/11/2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.