Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 4 Winter Surge Rota Support Officer required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 4 Winter Surge Rota Support Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.53 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hrs
- To provide advice, guidance, and support to managers and senior managers in the operation of the winter surge Protocol and associated policies
- To work with the Rota Manager and wider staff to assist in the development and implementation of plans to ensure supply is matched with demand in a timely and accurate way
- Ensuring that decisions for the deployment of staff is safe by liaising with professional leads prior to placement of staff where there is need
- Managing an extensive range of role descriptors/rotas to ensure there are minimal gaps in cover during the winter surge
- To develop positive working relationships with staff throughout the Trust, as a means through which deployments can be practically addressed/managed/resolved
- To assist the Rota Manager and/or service managers within the Trust with the analysis of trends/patterns of workforce demand and in monitoring effectiveness of interventions to close gaps; · To assist with investigations and responses to workforce demand/supply related problems, enquiries and complaints.
- To advise managers with regards their responsibilities in relation to the management of special payments, including the need to accurately record time and payroll data.
- To provide workforce reports from a range of electronic records and databases for various departments as required.
- To assist with preparation of training materials and induction packs for either hosts or redeployed staff
- To address and attend to any staff concerns of complaints arising as a result of their deployment and assist in dealing with winter surge deployment complaints/appeals
- To maintain knowledge of all relevant procedural changes and Trust policies relating to the role.
- Provide advice, guidance, and information to all employees and managers in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- To work closely with staff in obtaining availability and booking of shifts, ensure Service Leads are kept fully informed of all shifts
- Ensure that workforce winter surge databases are kept fully up to date, to facilitate the production of regular and ad hoc reports from the various systems.
- Assist in the development, implementation and updating of internal winter surge related procedures
- Utilise on a daily basis a range of software packages in the performance of the post including e-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other human resources databases
- Assist the Rota Manager to enhance and develop innovative approaches to winter surge activity and assist in the implementation
- Undertake training and development as identified through the performance review process in order to meet the demands of the post and to further personal development
2 A levels or BTEC HNC (or equivalent) plus 2 years administrative experience in a pressured office environment in a large and complex organisation*.
OR 3 years administrative experience in a pressured office environment in a large and complex organisation*
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.