BAND 5 COMMISSIONING OFFICER
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 5 Commissioning Officer
Rate of Pay: £12.74phr
Hours: 30hrs per week
Durations: 3 months with possible extension
The post holder will work in one of the key departments charged with the development and implementation of new services and other Board strategic goals. The post holder will support the Senior Commissioning Managers and colleagues in the management of the Commissioning function within the Board. This will involve assisting them in the preparation and management of Service and Budget Agreements, monitoring service pressures, dealing with Local Commissioning Groups, individual service users, their General Practitioners and other senior health and social care professionals in the Board and Trusts. Another important area of work is associated with the taking forward of monitoring reports to follow up on investments.
The post holder will work in support of the Senior Commissioning Managers and other senior staff. The following duties reflect the work required for the Local Commissioning Group:
- Providing Support to the Senior Commissioning Managers and team, including the preparation of briefs and papers for performance monitoring and Service and Budget Agreement negotiation meetings and recording of action agreed with Providers.
- Supporting the preparation of the Board's Services and Budget Agreements and other key commissioning products.
- Assisting with the monitoring of provider compliance with Service and Budget Agreements and other action plans and dealing with issues arising in the management of Service Budget Agreements. This will involve regular liaisons with Providers, General Practitioners, Local Commissioning Groups and others in implementing and monitoring services provided.
- The post holder will also work closely with the Finance Directorate and the Information section of PMSI in the preparation of reports, the quality assurance of information and the monitoring of investments.
- The post holder will assist in the development and management of databases, providing management information to the Senior Commissioning Managers and Assistant Director. This will include the maintenance of the system and its development in liaison with IT staff in order to provide service pressure reports on a regular basis.
- Provide commissioning support to the Senior Commissioning Manager and specific Project Teams in taking forward a wide range of service developments under priorities for Action such as the reduction of waiting lists, the provision of additional community services for people in most need and services developed to provide extra care at times of high seasonal demand.
- Assist the Senior Commissioning Managers in monitoring and controlling the resources associated with a range of service developments and initiatives through a rigorous Project Management approach which should include regular reporting.
- Other duties which may be necessary in order to support the Local Commissioning Group with the achievement of its organisational goals as they change and evolve to meet the strategic needs of the Board.
Skills & Abilities:
Experience of Project Management skills, including ability to work to tight timescales - Knowledge and understanding of the current agenda in Health and Social Care, particularly Commissioning - The ability to provide support to groups and teams including organisation of meetings, minute taking etc.
The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team. - Effective organisation skills and the ability to manage a complex and diverse workload - Experience in the analysis and presentation of data -
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - Experience of dealing with difficult or sensitive issues in an empathetic, clear and decisive manner - Experience in the use of Microsoft Office and
A university degree of relevant professional qualification at NVQ level 6 and 1 year experience of working in a multi-disciplinary business planning or project development role
- 5 years' experience in a multi-disciplinary environment one of which includes experience of working in a business planning or project development role
Full Job Description and information available on request. Please submit CV to link