BAND 6 DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Staffline are currently recruiting for 2 x Band 6 Database Administrators to work with one of our Public Sector clients IT team in Belfast. This is a full time role and will require some remote working.
The successful applicant will:
- Monitor database and instance availability whilst troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Routinely review database logs and implement corrective action as and when required.
- Monitor database backups, jobs, disk capacity, backup storage whilst investigating and resolving incidents.
- Undertake database backups, restores and implement recovery as/when required.
- Monitor performance, propose and implement solutions engaging with vendors as required whilst utilising monitoring tools and technologies.
- Perform database refreshes as/when required.
- Write complex T-SQL and PL/SQL queries to interrogate and manipulate data to a specification, ensuring the resultant changes maintain data integrity.
- Similarly write complex T-SQL and PL/SQL to extract data to a specification, including the transfer of the resultant data to the target drop point in the specified format.
- Undertake system upgrades and migrations including SQL, Oracle and middle tier application components.
- Co-ordinate database migrations/upgrades with ICT Staff, Service users and suppliers utilising the latest supported software platforms where possible.
- Investigate IT support incidents and service requests whilst co-ordinating with Service users/supplier and ensuring requests are resolved in a timely, professional manner.
- Submit change requests for ICT Change Advisory Board review and attend meetings as required.
- Have a good an understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Have the ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, vendors and service users.
- At least 2 years recent experience of working with large relational database systems, which include Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proven experience of working with database server monitoring tools, performance tuning, troubleshooting and can demonstrate effective problem solving and root cause analysis abilities.
- Good understanding of Oracle Database Architecture, Windows Operating Systems, Client/ Server Architecture, Middleware and Hardware (Servers, SAN, Network) and experience in system infrastructure design.
- Strong RDBMS concepts, Core DBA skills, Performance tuning, OMS, Oracle and SQL Server DBA skills including system administration, patch application, upgrade, security, migration, backup, restore and Disaster Recovery
- Experience of writing complex queries and procedures in T-SQL and PL/SQL with proven ability to undertake data manipulation to meet a defined specification, and the ability to guide end users in the definition of that specification
- Strong knowledge of tools for example SQL Developer, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Management Studio.
- Proven experience of managing IT helpdesk incidents and service requests whilst co-ordinating with Service users and ICT staff.
- Ability to manage competing demands on workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Good organisational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff effectively.
Knowledge and experience of -
- Microsoft PowerShell scripting
- Server management tools (e.g. VSphere, Veeam, System Centre Operations Manager)
- Microsoft Data Protection Manager
- System Centre Service Manager
Please apply with recent CV to link below: