Band 5 Finance Officer
Role: Band 5 Finance Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.66 per hour
Location: Ards Hospital, Newtwonards
Duration: Until 12/06/2020
The post holder will assist the Band 7 senior finance officer in providing a range of business support services to individual operational managers in order to achieve effective financial management and support the drive for continuous improvement in service delivery in line with the strategic objectives of the Trust.
He /she will be involved in assisting in all aspects of the financial management process including budget setting, month end preparation of creditors, monitoring and reporting.
- Building budgets as instructed into the general ledger for both salaries and wages and goods and services
- Scrutinising the general ledger and correcting invoice mispostings via fixed journals
- Scrutinising the general ledger and working out adjustments required for missing invoices
- Preparing monthly variance analysis reports using information from the general ledger and excel
- Liaising with budget holders to assist with financial queries they have.
- Support the Band 7 senior finance officer in contributing to the maintenance of effective financial control within the Childrens Directorate looking after the areas of Health Promotion and Child Health within the Community.
- Assist in the completion of consolidated and corporate Trust reporting both internally and externally.
- To liaise with, and meet with senior Trust staff in order to assist with their understanding of budgets or to assist with any related queries.
- Assist with the budget setting process within agreed guidelines and timetables, and helping to ensure that they reflect the Trust's financial strategy and income profile.
- Support the Divisional Accountant in the early identification of threats to the financial stability of the Trust by highlighting increased areas of expenditure each month.
- To deal with ad hoc reporting and enquiries as required by Senior Finance Managers and other senior Trust staff.
- To maintain appropriate record keeping within Financial Management to support processes and satisfy audit requirements.
A university degree or equivalent and 2 years suitable relevant financial experience.
OR AAT/HND qualified and 2 years suitable relevant financial experience.
OR Part Qualified up to intermediate stage with one of the CCAB recognised body and 1 years suitable relevant experience
OR Three years suitable relevant finance experience at Band 4 or equivalent.
· Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
· Good Communication and Interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of having worked with a range of stakeholders
· A thorough working knowledge of financial systems and computer software applications, and an ability to utilise them to their full potential
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 20 December 2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.