Role: Band 5 Income Team Leader
Rate of Pay: £13.12
- Assists in the management of the Cash office function throughout the Trust to include the development and maintenance of an effective and efficient cashier service; assisting with banking arrangements and cash lodgements; and cash forecasting.
- Assists in the operation of the internet banking system and liaison with senior bank staff in respect of banking arrangements, as and when required.
- Assists in the provision of the Charitable Trust Funds function within the Trust to include lodgements, investments, reporting and preparation of statutory final accounts statements.
- Assists in the provision of the Patients' Private Property function within the Trust to include administration of receipts, payments and investments; preparation of statutory final accounts statements; and annual interest returns to HMRC.
- Assists in the identification, receipting, recording and custody of all Trust income.
- Assists in the identification, receipting, recording and custody of income from GPs to include:
- Preparation and issue of Health Centre Statements and Practice Accounts to GPs;
- Assists with communication of changes to accommodation and services changes;
- Assists with the calculation of Health Centre and Pharmacist debtors and creditors on a monthly basis throughout the year.
- Assists BSO Accounts Receivable on all debt management issues within the responsibility of the team, and assists in the review of overdue amounts and action taken.
- Assists in the review of the service delivery of the Accounts Receivable Shared Services function and work to support service improvement in this area.
- Assists in the provision of financial support to Surestart projects, as and when required.
- Assist as required in the preparation of the Trust's Annual Accounts.
- Assists with VAT issues, as necessary, including the completion and forwarding of the monthly VAT return to DoH in a timely manner.
- Assists in the preparation of statements of loss and the completion and maintenance of associated documentation.
- Assists with administration of debt management issues, escalating issues internally within the Trust on a timely basis.
- Support internal and external audit, as necessary, ensuring that all audit recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all available technology in the section is exploited with a view to maximising the efficiency of the department.
- Assists in the identification of opportunities for more effective and economic use of financial and other resources in the section.
- Assist in recruitment, training, monitoring and management of staff;
Demonstrate 4 years relevant* finance experience.
Diploma for Accounting Technicians (ATI) or equivalent (QCF Level 5) with 2 years relevant* finance experience.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.