Band 5 Social Worker
|Salary||Up to £13.12 per hour|
|Published||about 2 months ago|
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 5 Social Worker required on a temporary basis based in Carrickfergus
Role: Band 5 Social Worker
Rate of Pay: £13.12
Hours: 37.5 hrs
Duration: Until end of April 2023
- To deliver a Social Work Service to individual clients/families/groups in keeping with social, emotional and community dimensions of the care of people with learning disability and their carers. Assessment of need, care planning, care and risk management and review of care services are key elements of the role as is Adult Safeguarding and the support of carers.
- To fulfil the role of an Approved Social Worker as required.
- Social Workers recruited within Mental Health and learning disability services are required to undertake Approved Social Worker training as part of the terms and conditions of this post. Candidates who do not have the Approved Social Worker Award will be supported to undertake the programme within the agreed time scale with their line manager.
- To be responsible to the Team Leader for direct provision of appropriate services, in accordance with the policy of Northern Trust.
- To devise appropriate packages of care, which effectively harness statutory, voluntary, community and family resources to complement and supplement the services provided by Northern Health and Social Care Trust.
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement relevant legislation, Department and Trust Policy and procedures, including the Regional Safeguarding Polic
- Responsibility for managing an allocated workload and establishing priorities within it.
- To maintain comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date records as required by the Trust
- To participate fully in the assessment of need of people with learning disability and their carers.
- To participate in multidisciplinary assessment of clients' needs, in the development of care plans and the performance of the Named Worker function
- Participate in effective interagency and multi-disciplinary practice.
- Engage with service users and carers to promote participation.
- Facilitation, consultation & practice development
- To develop appropriate packages of domiciliary care to support people with learning disability in their own home to obviate the need for residential and/or hospital care.
- To review all service users on a systematic basis in order to re-assess levels of need, and appropriateness of service, at all times seeking views of service users, and where appropriate, carers.
- Liaison with other professional staff and agencies in the interests of the service user
- To be aware of the full range of providers in the community.
- To ensure that the contribution of informal carers is maximised.
- To co-ordinate services provided statutory and independent organisations.
- To initiate and develop group contexts for service users and their families/carers.
- To participate in Case Conferences and Reviews, and to submit the appropriate reports within the agreed timescale.
- To participate in a formal programme of supervision in accordance with Trust Policy.
- To participate in the organisation and operation of regular staff meetings.
- Participation in office duty as required.
- To participate in the Approved Social Work roster where appropriate
- To participate in Conferences, courses, meetings, training and continued professional development activities as required by the Trust.
- To assist the Team Leader in the provision of student placements.
- Contribution to the raising of standards in Social Work practice.
- Providing information for use in the planning and monitoring of services.
- To participate in standby duty if required by The Trust.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be determined
Hold a recognised Professional qualification in Social Work.
*Have NISCC registration or be eligible for registration or have lodged an application with the NISCC
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.