Band 5 Video Production Developer
Band 5 Video Production Developer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Linenhall Street
Hours: Full time
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The Public Health Agency's (PHA's) remit is to protect and improve the health and wellbeing of people in Northern Ireland. Our team of doctors, nurses, scientists and health experts - among the foremost in their field - provide leadership, research, advice and support to national and local government and Health and Social Care (HSC). The communications team is central to ensuring this expert view is, visible, heard and understood by health partners, patients, and in the wider public arena.
The post holder will be expected to lead in the production of video content within the multi-disciplinary Communications team.
Video production can feature all aspects of the work of the PHA and its work with partner organisations and the post holder will have a key role in planning, scripting, storyboarding, filming and editing high-quality content for both internal and external channels in suitable formats for broadcast and digital media.
As a dynamic communications professional you will be able to think and operate strategically, as well as react to the ever changing priorities of the PHA's communications environment. You will be creative and highly organised, with experience in video production.
Working alongside members of the communications team in a complex and changing environment, the role also involves the person to have the ability to work independently at times and keep pace with new communication technologies, to be able to continue to deliver effective solutions in a fast paced digital/social media world.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead in the production of video content ensuring the maintenance of a strong, positive and credible image for the PHA and its work, with high-quality content for both internal and external channels.
- Play a key role in pre-production - including planning; site selection; scripting; storyboarding; identifying participants and casting where necessary; and ensuring photographic/filming consent forms are collected and completed correctly.
- Play a key role in filming to a high standard - including camera operation; audio recording; lighting; and shooting cutaways/b-roll footage and sequences.
- Play a key role in high-standard post-production - including editing in multiple formats for digital and broadcast media; providing rough-cuts for review; subtitling final content; and seeking final approval from appropriate PHA representatives.
- Undertake additional duties within the Communications team where necessary.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Work within the Communications team, the communications lead for each subject area, and with senior management, to ensure an effective team approach to the delivery of projects.
- Work independently at times to ensure the delivery of projects in the agreed timeframe.
- The post holder will work alongside PHA members of staff at all levels, representatives of other HSC organisations, representatives of partner organisations, and members of the public, and will be expected to do so with a high-level of professionalism at all times.
DEVELOPMENT, INNOVATION AND QUALITY
- Keep pace with new communications/video technologies, to be able to continue to deliver effective solutions in a fast paced digital/social media world.
- Carry out maintenance of equipment and supplies and identify when upgrading of equipment and software, and replenishing supplies, may be required.
- Ensure that a catalogue of completed projects, b-roll footage archive, and photography is kept up-to-date.
- Provide, where necessary, training in photographic and filming techniques, use of photographic and filming equipment, and editing software.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues within the PHA to ensure an effective team approach to the delivery of the communications plan
A third level degree in a relevant subject;
One year's experience in pre-production, filming, and post-production of professional video content, which includes experience in:
- DLSR camera operation
- Sound equipment setup
- Lighting setup
- Professional editing using either Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, or equivalent
- Detailed storyboarding and planning video production.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.