Band 6 Emergency Planning Officer
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 6 Emergency Planning Officer required on a temporary basis based in Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast.
Role: Band 6 Emergency Planning Officer
Rate of Pay: £14.20
Location: Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast
Duration: Reviewed Monthly
Setting the Direction
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager for Emergency and Continuity Planning, manage the co-ordination, preparation, validation, exercising, revising and updating the Trust's Major Incident, Emergency Outbreak and Business Continuity Framework.
- Support the Senior Manager for Emergency and Continuity Planning in ensuring the Trust complies with the required levels of the relevant Controls Assurance Standard.
- Develop excellent working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to encourage collaborative working in relation to emergency and continuity planning.
- Work directly with Local Councils, NIAS, PSNI and other relevant external agencies in the development of integrated Emergency Management plans.
- Work effectively with Information Management &Telecoms to develop robust and effective communication systems.
- Develop and organise multi-agency testing and exercise arrangements.
- Support Directorates and departments in developing service and site specific emergency and continuity plans.
- Support the Senior Manager for Emergency and Continuity Planning in preparing, validating, exercising, revising and updating the major incident plan and the generic outbreak control plan. They will also support the development of a Pandemic Flu plan.
- Support Directorates in the development of their business continuity plans.
- Advise Directorates in completing risk assessments as part of emergency and continuity planning process.
- Establish and advise on required resources to support the emergency and continuity planning function across the Trust
- Support the Senior Manager for Emergency and Continuity planning in ensuring that the Trust complies with the required level with the relevant controls assurance standard for emergency and continuity planningQuality
Development and Innovation
- Carry out training needs analysis and organise required training for staff.
- Facilitation and provision of training to various levels of clinical and non clinical staff working in the Trust. This will include organising and delivering training events and information sessions. It will include leading discussions, formal presentations to multi professional groups and producing outcome summaries and appropriate follow up documentation.
- Maintain a current knowledge of legislation and policies relating to emergency planning and business continuity response, management and recovery.
- Audits compliance with authorative guidance.
- Support the Senior Manager for Emergency and Continuity Planning in responding to quality/healthcare standards documents and audits, which relate to continuity and emergency planning.
- A relevant university degree or recognised professional qualification and 1 years' experience in a role involving training, service improvement or project management.A minimum of 5 year's health service experience at band 4 and/or band 5 with at least one years' experience in a role involving training, service improvement or project management
Ability to provide effective management and leadership to a team
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate experience of working on a multi-professional basis having worked with a diverse range of stakeholders for a minimum of 2 years
4. Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, word, Excel and PowerPoint.
5. Effective planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage a complex workload with minimal supervision
6. Ability to identify solutions to problems and implement them effectively
7. Ability to work within tight timescales and change direction rapidly whilst maintaining high standards
8. Have a full and current driving licence with access to a car and willingness to travel across Trust sites and within Northern Ireland.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Muriosa will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 10/01/2020