Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 6 Finance Systems Manager required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 6 Finance Systems Manager
Rate of Pay: £16.04 per hour
- To support the Head Accountant in all aspects of financial system development and enhancement of governance controls.
- To support the Head Accountant in continuing to develop initiatives to deliver benefits realisation from the finance systems where these improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the finance function and/or the end user operation of the system.
- To maintain and control the Trusts authorisation framework and ensure this is embedded within the General Ledger and feeder systems (FPL, FPM etc) and correctly applied by Accounts Payable Shared Service Centre.
- To develop, embed and maintain appropriate controls and procedures to ensure user roles and profiles within the finance systems reflect the Trusts Standing Financial Instructions.
- To provide expert guidance and support to end users to ensure effective operation of the finance systems, specifically in managing the provision of a specialist helpdesk facility.
- To act as liaison for the Trust in dealing with external service providers in resolution of system issues and service disruptions, including system upgrades.
- To lead on implementation of future system development and improvement programmes in respect of the finance systems.
- To identify and support delivery of raining needs in respect of use of all financial systems for both core users and self-service end users.
- Identify, design or develop innovative solutions for automation of workflows and work with senior finance and other managers in the Trust to improve effectiveness and efficiency of financial services processes.
- To carry out continuous benchmarking in appropriate areas to deliver continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- To work with external organisations and individuals to maintain a positive response to the Trust e.g. BSO, suppliers, system providers, audit, Department of Health etc.
- To support the Head Accountant - Financial Services in the development of reports and extraction of information from finance systems to support the production of annual accounts, and other statutory or DOH returns e.g. Whole of Government Accounts & Trust Financial Returns.
- To act as lead in the development and production of reports from finance systems that will support and improve the prompt payment of invoices.
- Support the review of processes within Financial Services and the development, implementation and maintenance of financial and accounting systems within the financial services section.
- To support Financial Management department in securing process improvement in the production of month- end reports and compliance with timetables.
- The postholder will be expected to participate in the review of the reporting needs of the Trust on a regular basis and undertake work as necessary to meet new or changing information needs.
- To support the development and delivery of KPIs for Financial Accounting including monitoring of performance for own area of responsibility.
- To contribute to the Trust's overall corporate governance processes to ensure its compliance with public sector values and codes of conduct, operations and accountability
- Demonstrate 5 years relevant* Finance experience at which 2 years should be at a Supervisory Level**
- Part Qualified Accountant (at Stage 3 and currently studying) under one of the 5 professional accounting institutes within the CCAB or CIMA
- 2 years relevant* Finance experience.
- Ability to analyse complex/sensitive data and communicate subsequent evaluation
- Ability to plan, prioritise and work within timescales and deadlines
- Ability to review and challenge work processes and policies in own area and beyond.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Working knowledge of ICT systems to include Microsoft Office, in particular advanced Microsoft Excel functions
- Ability to use initiative, within broad professional guidelines
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.