BAND 6 ICT SECURITY OFFICER
Staffline are currently recruiting for a Band 6 ICT Security Officer to work with one of our Public Sector clients based in Belfast with remote working also.
Purpose of role:
Reporting directly to IT Security Manager the candidate will be primarily responsible for BAU activities within the remit the security team, focusing on the patching lifecycle of endpoints, anti-virus management and day to day operations of endpoint assessment tools.
- Working with Ivanti Patch Management solution to configure, maintain and troubleshoot patching of server infrastructure to ensure compliance.
- Monitoring and remediation of desktop patching failures.
- Monitoring and remediation of issues as identified by Anti-Virus solution, along with the tailoring of policies pertaining to and dealing with end user issues.
- Remediation of vulnerabilities on network connected assets.
- Provide assistance to the security staff in the deployment and configuration of security focused toolsets.
- Work with other member of IT and organisation to address security issues or concerns.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which are appropriate to the post and may be reasonably requested by the supervisor
Skills / Experience
Experience working in a dynamic environment subject to change in line with business requirements
Experience in Windows Server infrastructure, including patching lifecycle
A. Use of Ivanti Patch Management Software
B. Troubleshooting of server patch failures
Experience of Desktop patching
A. Use of Microsoft SCCM
B. Troubleshooting desktop patch failures
Experience with Anti-Virus Software solutions
A. Use of Sophos Central
Technology or data focused degree (or equivalent experience)
Good communication and documentation skills
Experience dealing with faults and end users request.
- Experience of powershell scripting language, or similar
- Professional Cyber security certification and/or industry recognised training
- Experience with Cisco products; networking and security.
- Experience of working to timescales as
- Experience with server virtualisation technologies.
- Experience with non-Microsoft OS; Linux and MAC
- Critical analysis of systems, software and penetration reports.
- Experience with security toolsets such as Tenable and Forescout CounterAct
Please apply with current CV demonstrating the experience required above: