Band 6 Internal Audit Supervisor
|Salary||Up to £16.52 per hour|
|Published||9 months ago|
|Contact email||Orlaith Fogarty|
Band 6 Internal Audit Supervisor
Band 6 Internal Audit Specialist required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Franklin Street
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The Audit Supervisor is the Lead Auditor on Internal Audit assignments and is responsible for the effective delivery of high-quality audit assignments to fieldwork complete and draft report stage, within the required timescale. The post holder supervises and directs field auditors during each audit assignment.
BSO Internal Audit has a professional ethos and encourages staff and supports staff to undertake professional qualifications in line with business need.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be the Lead Auditor on: a broad range of risk-based audit assignments of a complex/ad-hoc and often non-financial nature; verifications of controls assurance standards; and a broad range of routine audit assignments.
- Develops and leads the execution of risk-based audit programmes.
- Obtains robust information and data from a range of client systems and through interviews with key client staff and perform detailed analysis of the data to inform judgements on adequacy of systems of internal control.
- Drafts high quality, value adding audit reports for client senior management, Directors and Audit Committees that include an audit opinion and practicable recommendations to address all risk issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignment.
- Takes extensive responsibility for the operational management of allocated audit plans in support of the Audit Manager.
- Assists the Audit Manager in drafting audit assignment plans.
- To direct, supervise and advise audit staff on a day-to-day basis, during each audit assignment.
- Plans own workload, and that of subordinate audit staff during audit assignments, to ensure that assignments are satisfactorily completed. The post holder will be expected to lead a number of audit assignments concurrently and to ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources.
- Conducts investigations and consultancy assignments, under the supervision of the Audit Manager.
Communications and Working Relationships
- To liaise closely, building effective working relationships with client staff in all disciplines to facilitate and support the audit process. Communication is central to the job and is built upon the provision and receipt of routine, complex and sensitive information of a confidential nature. This requires tact and persuasion as well as a deep appreciation and understanding of complex client risks, systems and existing guidance. Discussions with senior and non-finance staff forms a substantial element of the job often concerning contentious and complicated risk, control and governance issues.
- To work closely, building effective working relationships with Audit staff assisting on assignments. Effectively communicate expectations, direction and guidance to Audit staff.
- Keep the Audit Manager appropriately briefed at all times to include significant issues on the work being undertaken and any performance problems.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Responds to a broad range of sensitive and complex queries from clients and staff
- Responsible as the Lead Auditor, for delivering audit assignment which comply with the Government Internal Audit Standards and documented internal quality standards.
- Responsible as the Lead Auditor, for ensuring each audit assignment is risk based, good quality and delivered within required time budget.
- Demonstrates and applies a knowledge of professional auditing and accounting standards and guidelines.
- Reporting value-adding audit recommendations that will bring about permanent and robust change that improves operations to a diverse client base.
- Implement and suggest changes to audit policies and procedures.
- Contribute towards the development and promotion of the audit service through daily contact with client staff and other parties.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery of a customer focused service to clients.Maintain independence and objectivity while still fostering a working relationship with client staff
- Qualified as a Certified Internal Auditor with the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Part qualified with a CCAB accountancy body or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
Have at least two years internal audit/finance experience
Candidates must have worked as an internal auditor for at least four years.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogatry. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.