|Salary||Up to £17.24 per hour|
|Published||24 days ago|
|Contact email||Orlaith Fogarty|
Project Manager required for a large public sector organisation based through a large public sector company.
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temp to Perm Opportunity!
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible through the Head of Business Support and working closely with the senior staff across the PCC, for ensuring that the PCC meets the legal requirements of the Inquiries Act 2005 in respect of Public Inquiries, and for the project management of the PCC response.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:
- Provide specialist project management skills to support the PCC response to Public Inquiries and any other project as required by the PCC, ensuring robust project management and project governance including risk management.
- Work with the Head of Department, to ensure the good management of the PCC response to public inquiries and other relevant investigations and projects, acting as the lead in coordinating the action(s) required.
- Provide administrative support to the PCC Inquiry Project Board and any Task and Finish Groups which may arise. This will include the organisation of agendas, the preparation and co-ordination of papers and reports and completion of accurate and concise minutes to record key issues and decision-making.
- Be responsible for preparation of project reports and briefing notes to the PCC Inquiry Project Board, the Executive Team and PCC's Council, and the preparation of other ad hoc briefings as required.
- Ensure that the project risk register is developed, monitored and managed, along with associated risk and action logs.
- Working with the Head of Department and other senior managers, devise systems for, and ensure the collation, cataloguing, storage and maintenance of, evidence anticipated to be required for the Public Inquiry, and evidence subsequently submitted to the Inquiry *
- Ensure that there is a safe, secure and retrievable system for storage of evidence anticipated to be required for the Inquiry, and for storage of evidence that is subsequently submitted to the Inquiry
- Ensure that good records are maintained in respect of the PCC response to the Inquiry / management of the project. * Brief and support staff who are required to participate in the Inquiry and ensure that they receive relevant guidance on best practice throughout the Inquiry process.
- Respond to any queries of the Inquiry Panel and the PCC legal services provider.
- Ensure the timely provision of witness evidence, and other evidence, as stipulated by the Inquiry Panel.
- Participate in, and lead where appropriate, working groups.
- Advise and assist with the implementation in the PCC of learning and recommendations from the Inquiry, including ensuring the development and maintenance of governance processes associated with this.
- Ensure that there are systems and processes in place to optimise the timeliness and responsiveness to the Inquiry Panel requests.
- To escalate any concerns in relation to potential delays in the provision of information to the Inquiry Panel through the Head of Department to the project team and PCC Executive Management Team.
Have a university degree or equivalent relevant professional qualification at graduate or diploma level Plus Have worked for at least 3 years in a middle management role, to include experience of corporate or information governance.
Have at least 5 years' experience working in a middle management capacity, to include experience of corporate or information governance.
Demonstrate knowledge/understanding and experience in the use of project management skills and techniques, successfully delivering project objectives within tight timescales for a minimum of 2 years.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty on Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk / 028902428240 ex. 303
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.