Band 6 Senior Information Officer
Band 6 Senior Information Officer on a temporary basis based in Belfast city centre.
Role: Band 6 Senior Information officer
Rate of Pay: 16.04 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: 3 Months
The post holder is ultimately responsible to the Director of Performance Management and Service Improvement and will be involved in the continued development and provision of a high quality information and analysis function to support all functions of the Health and Social Care Board.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Present high quality analysis to senior HSCB management in order to provide information and knowledge on the monitoring and measurement of key HSCB goals, targets and objectives.
- Ensure high quality information reports and analysis is available within specified timescales
- Support the development of specific effective and efficient information flows and the exploitation of all existing data sources and to manage the development of data collection and analysis systems in new areas in order to improve the availability of information for monitoring purposes
- Use a range of computer packages and systems such as Excel, MS Access, Business Objects and GIS
- Support the re-design of specific operational processes and working practices, associated with the introduction of new information systems and the management of change.
- Lead on specific aspects of local or regional information analysis as required and to provide subsequent advice to senior management on service monitoring and improvements
- As part of the restructuring of the HSCB following RPA, participate in the development of an effective and efficient team within the Management Information function.
- Work in partnership with external agencies as appropriate to develop the collection and sharing of geographically identifiable data in order to support analysis of those aspects which impact upon health and well-being.
- Continually support the development of procedures to be followed by information staff in their respective local office. These will include the production and distribution of management information reports. In addition, the postholder will be actively involved in the rollout and implementation of new information service developments such as web-based information analysis, across all relevant staff.
- Contribute to the establishment of management structures and arrangements in management information in order to support a culture of effective team working, staff recognition, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Take responsibility for his/her own performance and take action to address identified personal development areas
- Contribute to service developments in relation to information management provision - for example in relation to improved data quality
- Deliver training to other staff within the team or externally within the HSCB and HSC Trusts - covering areas such as new data recording practices or new information flow processes
- Monitor closely information team budget expenditure
- Follow a structured audit process in relation to improving the quality of information returns from HSC Trusts
- A University degree or relevant professional qualification AND Worked for at least 2 years in the last 5 years in Management Information or Information Systems.
- Worked for at least 4 years in the last 6 years in Management Information or Information Systems
- Experience in the direct production of healthcare-related high quality management information and analysis
- Experience of presenting high quality information, analysis and advice to senior management in order to achieve successful outcomes
- Proficiency in the use of analytical computer applications
- Working with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to work as a good team member and maintain excellent working relationships with other team members
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge and awareness of changes within the Health and Social Care in Northern Ireland especially in relation to new technology
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 5th March 2021.