Band 7 Financial Accountant
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 7 Financial Accountant required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 7 Financial Accountant
Rate of Pay: £20.49 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hrs
Duration: 4 Months initially
The postholder will assist the Head Accountant to deliver financial accounting services as per the objective and responsibilities of the Director of Finance and in compliance with the financial governance arrangements of the Trust.
The postholder will assist in developing, implementing and maintaining the financial control framework which is consistent with Department of Health (DoH) guidance.
The postholder will assist in the completion of the annual accounts for public, charitable and patient funds, in accordance with DoH guidance and timetables, while ensuring that appropriate and accurate records are maintained for audit, control and reporting purposes.
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Head Accountant with the preparation and delivery of the annual accounts for the Trust (to include the preparation of individual notes within revenue, charitable funds and patient funds accounts).
- Ensure the completion of Whole of Government Accounts and TFR E&S Returns on an accurate and timely basis.
- Ensure that all tasks and functions within the department are maintained on an ongoing basis throughout the financial year, thus facilitating the completion of the annual accounts and various returns.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial accounting systems and processes to meet the objectives of the post and the wider Finance Directorate.
- Ensure the effective management of the capital accounting function to include the maintenance of the relevant aspects of the asset register.
- Ensure reconciliation and review of control account balances is completed in a timely and accurate manner, including the resolution of balancing items where required. Ensure that documented system knowledge and reconciliation procedures exist for all control accounts and that these procedures are kept fully up to date.
- Ensure that the interface from the payroll system (HRPTS) to the General Ledger (eFin) is maintained and reconciled, and that processes exist to ensure the timely and effective receipt and application of all related information.
- Assist the Head Accountant with the management of the relationship with the BSO Shared Service functions - Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Oversee the management of any Payments and Income function retained within the Finance Directorate.
- Creation, maintenance and updating of all formal and desktop procedures relating to Financial Accounting and Services Department.
- Represent the Finance Directorate on various directorate, Trust and regional working groups as required.
- Liaise with internal and external audit to ensure effective input to audit work and timely implementation of agreed recommendations.
- Assists with providing support to the Trust's Committees (eg, Audit and Charitable Trust Funds).
- Assist with ensuring that the Trust complies with all statutory and DoH financial policies and guidelines and providing specialist technical accounting advice to the Trust.
- Assist as required with the completion of the Trust monitoring returns for the DoH.
- Contributes to the Trust's overall corporate governance process to ensure compliance with public sector values, codes of conduct and accountability.
To be an authorised cheque signatory in accordance with the Finance Directorate's procedure.
Full membership of one of the five professional accounting institutes within the CCAB or CIMA;
Minimum of 1 years' finance experience following successful completion of final professional accountancy exams (dated from notification by institute of completion);
Worked with a range of Stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes for a minimum of 2 years; AND
Successfully demonstrated people management, governance, leadership and organisational skills for a minimum of 2 years.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.