Band 7 Litigation Manager
Temporary for 6-12 Months with possible extension
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Newry, serving local residents.
- The post holder will be responsible for the provision and management of the Trust Litigation Services, including clinical and social care negligence claims, personal injury claims, Coroner inquests, applications for Judicial Reviews, management of
- Third Party Accidents claims and medico-legal services. The post holder will lead a team of litigation staff and ensure that best practice is adopted with regard to the management of the above named services.
- The post holder will report to the Deputy Director - HR Services and will be accountable to the Medical Director in relation to clinical and social care negligence claims and to the Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development in relation to personal injury claims in accordance with the Trust's Procedures for claims management.
- The post holder will work closely with clinical and social care governance colleagues to ensure an integrated approach to governance and support the culture of openness and learning across the Trust.
- The post holder will have line management responsibility for staff within the Trust's Litigation Department.
Hours of work: Full time, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- Relevant 1 Degree or recognized professional qualification or equivalent/Higher qualification AND 2 years' experience in a role involving project or case management at Band 5(or equivalent) or above
- Relevant HNC/HND or equivalent/higher qualification AND 3 years experiences in a role involving project or case management at Band 5 (or equivalent) or above.
- 5 years' experience in a role involving project or case Shortlisting by Application Form management, including at least one at Band 5 (or equivalent) or above.
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access.
- Hold a current full driving license which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
- Rates of pay £20.49
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.