Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 7 Support Accountant required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 7 Support Accountant
Rate of Pay: £20.49 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hrs
Duration: 6-12 Months
The Support Accountant will assist the Divisional Accountant in providing a range of business support services to individual operational Directors, senior operational, managers, clinicians and budget managers in order to achieve effective financial management and support the drive for continuous improvement in service delivery in line with the strategic objectives of the Trust. This will include the production of regular, meaningful financial analysis reports to facilitate effective budgetary control at Directorate level and assisting the Divisional Accountant in analysing and evaluating complex problems. The post-holder will assist the Divisional Accountant in undertaking the financial aspects of budget setting, service re-profiling, service developments/retractions and other ad-hoc financial costings as required. The post-holder will deputise for the Divisional Accountant as and when required.
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Divisional Accountant in maintaining effective financial control within allocated Directorates.
- Assist with the production of the Trust Board monthly report.
- Assist with commissioner liaison in relation to the negotiation of the service and budget agreements relevant to the Directorates.
- Liaise with the Central Financial Management Team to ensure that all relevant service and budgetary agreements, adjustments and funding for other service developments are accurately reflected within the Directorates in order to maintain accurate financial reporting and effective financial control.
- Support Directorate management teams in formulating plans for change, articulating risks and appraising options.
- Assist with the provision of expert analysis, interpretation and evaluation of financial and non-financial data.
- Assist with the monthly production of written assessment of the financial position for the Directorate. This will include a commentary on the relationship between different types of performance information (activity, workforce).
Budget Setting and Control
- Assist with the annual budget setting process for the Directorate, making recommendations for change to the budget setting policy.
- Assist in the production of regular and meaningful income and expenditure information to budget managers.
- Assist in the development of improved ways of reporting financial information in conjunction with budget managers.
- Assist in the development of cash and non-cash release efficiency savings plans for the Directorate. · Support the Divisional Accountant in the early identification of threats to the financial stability of the Trust by highlighting risks within the Directorate and agreeing rectification measures.
Corporate Financial Reporting
- Assist with the provision of management accounting information for inclusion in the Trust's final accounts.
- Liaise with internal and external audit on matters relating to the financial management function as appropriate.
Support Services to Budget Managers
- Ensure that all budget managers within relevant Directorates are provided with accurate and meaningful financial information to enable them to manage their service within available resources including as necessary option appraisals and service development proposals.
- Through the variance analysis process assist the Divisional Accountant in producing meaningful forecasts of year-end out turn, developing strategies for achieving break even and managing associated risks.
- Liaise with budget managers to review financial performance and where necessary instigate further investigation to ensure remedial action is implemented and balanced budgets are achieved.
Full membership of one of the five professional accounting institutes within the CCAB, or CIMA;
Minimum of 1 years' finance experience following successful completion of final professional accountancy exams (dated from notification by institute of completion).
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.