Band 8a Project Manager
Role: Band 8a Project Manager
Rate of Pay: £21.48
Location: BSO, Chichester Street, Belfast
Hours: Part-time, (Monday-Wednesday)
Duration: At least 3 months
- The Postholder will take lead responsibility for the management and delivery of a range of complex Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Systems and Projects. The Postholder will provide a specialist IT service which focuses on the delivery of complex ICT Projects.
- The post holder will work with customers to support them across a range of areas including contributing to the development of an ICT strategy, developing a plan to for the implementation of that strategy, identifying ICT solutions to support that implementation, identifying opportunities for systems development.
- The post holder may also manage the delivery of the ICT elements of those solutions if required. In order to do this, the post holder will work with the customer; other teams within ITS, external Suppliers and other public sector bodies.
- In line with BSO "Good Practice" the Postholder will ensure that "Projects In Controlled Environments 2" (PRINCE2) and specific BSO Project and Programme Management Standards and Practices are applied and adhered to in all the projects that they have responsibility for.
- The Post holder will be responsible for determining their annual projected programme and project financial spend and overseeing its successful and accurate execution. The Postholder will also be responsible for interfacing with other programme projects and the relevant HSC and non-HSC organisations impacted by their projects and programmes. The readiness of the business to exploit new capabilities is crucial to success.
- Successfully delivering short time bounded complex ICT projects to time and budget as directed by BSO Senior Management, the individual project Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) and Project Boards, as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively and innovatively with all stakeholders to develop business cases.
- Undertaking desktop analysis of customer business plans, internal policies, strategy, operation and performance management documents to identify and report on how ICT can further facilitate customers in meeting their corporate objectives and deliverables.
- Review of customer business identifying risks in terms of availability, supportability and capacity. Propose options to address identified risks, including budgetary costs, procurement strategy and timeframes.
- Identification of solutions to address requirements which may use innovative technologies or transformation to digital business.
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to customer Senior Management.
- The management and delivery of the relevant project and documentation in line with BSO and HSC Standards and Practices and PRINCE2 project management standards.
- Working with external commercial suppliers for the procurement and subsequent implementation of ICT Systems, Solutions and Services.
- Working with specialist advisors in legal and procurement services to successfully deliver projects and their relevant contractual agreements.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting on projects utilising the BSO standard Programme and Project Management (PPM) software tool (Project Vision); Setting up project and programme structures for the effective management, quality assurance and reporting of projects and programmes.
- Liaison with Programme management and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Financial planning and control of individual capital and revenue project and programme budgets.
- Reporting through agreed reporting structures project progress through Highlight Reports and End-Stage Assessments.
A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 years in the last 5 years in a project management role;
Have worked for at least 5 years in the last 7 years in a project management role within a major organisation
Have experience of managing complex ICT supported projects or contracts with a budget of over £100,000
Have at least 3 years' experience managing teams of people.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18- £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 04/10/2019.