Band 8a Senior Project Manager
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 8a Senior Project Manager required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 8a Senior Project Manager
Rate of Pay: £24.10 per hour
- Preparing Business Cases in accordance with DoH, DF and HM Treasury guidance, working closely with other professionals internal and external to the Trust to ensure completion of the business cases within agreed timescales.
- Managing all relevant activities relating to the delivery of the capital programme and tasks ensuring timely achievement of agreed project plans.
- Assisting the Head of Capital Development in the management of the Trust's general capital programme. Supporting the monitoring of capital spend linking with stakeholders to manage the budget within the Trusts' CRL.
- Setting up the appropriate Project Management Structure to deliver projects from conception to handover. On an ongoing basis, co-ordinating and managing the required project structure ensuring successful completion of key inputs such as:
- development of service models of care;
- analysis of activity projections;
- development of operational policies;
- working with stakeholders to support the preparation of exemplar designs;
- identification of the resource requirements of the project;
- supporting the successful delivery of the project within the preferred procurement model;
- following handover of a capital project, commissioning the building, getting it ready for use by staff and service users;
- completion of Internal Peer Reviews and procurement Gateways where appropriate;
- completion of Post Project Evaluations and sharing of lessons learned.
- Promoting and supporting an integrated approach to service transformation which takes into account wider strategic considerations and applies recognised best practice.
- Undertaking research into best practice and related issues as required, including visits to reference sites.
- Assisting with the development of exemplar designs, working closely with other professionals and appointed external advisers as required.
- Maintaining appropriate project documentation and records.
- Producing project management reports, highlighting progress and achievement against agreed key tasks and, where appropriate, preparing remedial plans to address slippage in a timely fashion.
- Responding to queries and issues raised following review of business cases by commissioners and DoH, ensuring business cases are revised where appropriate.
- Providing advice and training for relevant Trust staff in key aspects of business case preparation.
- Developing effective working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with operational, corporate services and Estate colleagues in the strategic management of the Trust's Accommodation as required. Support the strategic management of accommodation across the Trust. Overseeing the development of option appraisals for reuse of existing estate, providing assurance that this process has been managed equitably.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual Property Asset Management Plan.
- Deputise for the Head of Capital Development.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the appropriate governance and risk management arrangements are in place for the services you are responsible for and take appropriate action to identify and manage risk and to maintain safety of users, staff and others in accordance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures;
- Where the post-holder has responsibility for managing a budget, ensure that services are managed and developed both in accordance with agreed and funded priorities as set out on a yearly basis and in accordance with Standing Financial Instructions, particularly ensuring your compliance with payroll documentation procedures and timescales;
- Ensure the necessary arrangements are in place in regard to the 'Knowledge and Skills Framework' outlines, where this applies, for the posts for which you have management responsibility and ensure that each member of staff has an annual development and performance review, a personal development plan and that arrangements are in place to ensure that staff have maximum opportunity to progress through gateways in their pay bands and to contribute effectively towards our objectives;
- Make sure you are trained and competent in the relevant policies and procedures which apply to the management of staff and other resources and abide by these policies; seeking advice as necessary from senior management or specialist staff as necessary;
- Communicate effectively with staff and maintain productive working relationships amongst your staff and with others;
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to staff in order to ensure optimum and effective service delivery and decision-making, whilst retaining overall accountability and responsibility for outcomes;
(a) A university degree or relevant professional qualification and worked for at least 2 years in a senior management* role.
(b) Worked for at least 4 years in a senior management role*.
In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must:-
(1) Have 2 years' experience across project management, service planning and Business Case preparation and / or the delivery of capital projects.
(2) Have experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internally and externally to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes, demonstrating high level people management skills.
(3) Staff and/or resource management experience.
*'senior management role' in this instance defined as NHS Band 7 or equivalent.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.