Band 3 Warehouse Operative/Driver Charge-hand
Band 3 Warehouse Operative/Driver Charge-hand
Band 3 Warehouse Operative/Driver Charge-hand required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £10.40 p/h
Location: Greater Belfast Area
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for driving vehicles that fall within a category C License on a rotational basis and take charge of the other warehouse/driver operatives.
The CECS Warehouse Operative/Driver Charge-hand will assist the supervisor in the day to day supervision of a team of CECS Warehouse/driver operatives. The post holder will assist the supervisor to maintain the distribution cycle to include intake, receipt, putaway, replenishment picking marshalling, despatch and delivery, as well as decontamination of all returned items.
The Community Equipment and Continence Service (CECS)provides daily living equipment and continence home delivery service to clients across Health and Social Care Northern Ireland. The CECS provides a receipt, storage, issue, distribution, retrieval and decontamination of daily living equipment, and includes continence products home delivery & collection service. The post holder will work as part of a dedicated team to provide an efficient and effective service to HSCNI Customers.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive any vehicle allocated within the limits of his/her driving licence in a careful, lawful manner with special reference to the equipment being carried. Operate lifts and ramps on vehicles
- Carry out daily routine vehicle checks of their vehicle and log all journeys and report all vehicle defects immediately. Ensure fuel usage is recorded accurately
. * Wash the vehicle and ensure that the interior is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that an Accident Report Form is completed and submitted at the earliest possible opportunity and in any event not later than 48 hours from the date of any accident, however minor, involving the vehicle in his/her charge.
- Carry out routine inspections of the vehicle defects to ensure compliance and appropriate maintenance of the vehicle fleet.
- Ensure that details of all petrol and oil drawn are recorded in the vehicle log book or database and the supporting receipts are passed to the supervisor.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all individual journeys in the vehicle log book or database.
- Report and escalate vehicle defects as soon as possible.
- Deliver, Assemble, Demonstrate, Collect and Dismantle Parcels,Equipment and any other commodity as required. This includes obtaining the signature from client or facility manager.
- Undertake duties in accordance with Warehouse Operational Procedures and Working Instructions to include the use of Barcode scanners.
- Deputise for the Warehouse/Driver Supervisors as and when required.
- Ensure all receipts of incoming stock/non-stock goods from suppliers are verified for quantity and quality, and ensure all discrepancies and damages are reported as per procedures.
- Access, Update and maintain logistics systems to ensure accurate inventory..
- Assist in the planning, organising and review of the delivery schedule to ensure that maximum efficiency is achieved and maintained with regard to Route scheduling, vehicle loading and customer service.
- Organise workflow and ensure that all new and returnable equipment has an audit trail by the use of bar code scanners utilising the designated computer system.
- Ensure effective decontamination of all returned items complying with quality control and assurance standards. Disposing of all condemned items. Maintaining documentation to support audit requirements.
- Assist with the stock checks to include perpetual and year end stock taking routines.
- Ensure the Warehouse is kept in a clean and tidy condition and free from obstruction. Aware of and comply with Health and Safety at Work Act, COISHH Regulations and any associated safe working practices or procedures which may be introduced.
- Ensure all routine checks on Mechanical Handling Equipment used in the Warehouse are carried out and any defects or deficiencies are reported and any remedial action implemented to rectify the fault.
- Ensure all staff wear protective clothing/footwear where provided.
- Adherence to Fire and Safety requirements and associated procedures and attend training and fire drills as required. Enforce Health & Safety policy guidelines throughout the warehouse to include PPE, manual handling use of MHE and safe storage of goods.
- Develop and maintain good industrial relations within the warehouse by effective staff management policies. Promote team working and empowerment of staff within delegated areas of responsibility
- 2 Years' Experience in a Procurement/ Logistics environment
- Three GCSE's or equivalent (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* to C)
- 18 months Experience in a Procurement/ Logistics
1 years' experience of driving a Category C License vehicle for deliveries and collections.
*All applicants must HOLD a Valid Category C Driving Licence to use in the UK*
Valid License to drive a Counterbalance Truck or Reach Truck
Skills / Abilities
1.Working knowedge and competency using Microsoft Office or equivalent for the purposes of data input, stock managent etc.
- Ability to deliver clear instructions to team members
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work to set deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively to meet the needs of the service.
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of Working Time Regulations and Drivers hours as per license requirements.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.