Beaches & Resorts Officer
Main Purpose of Post
- Responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operational management, development and delivery of the Council's Seasonal resorts Facilities, Beaches and associated activities.
- Achieve a high quality of service by the development and effective use of Council resources.
- Responsible to both Sports & Recreation Development management and Countryside Unit management for the effective management and development of resources including a strong team leader/supervisory role with the responsibility for the supervision of employees (direct and in-direct) and physical assets associated with the service.
- The post holder has a statutory duty to ensure the activities of the facilities and locations comply in all respects with current legislative requirements, and for the good governance of its service delivery.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Supervisory.
- Provide clear leadership and direction on the development and implementation of the service including; Leading by example; working as part of a team.
- Through effective management and supervision, create a strong sense of purpose, ambition and a service orientated culture of delivery and achievement.
- As a member of the Resorts team, fully contribute to the effective and efficient management of the facilities and services in order to achieve the aims and objectives of the service through effective resource and people management.
- Work collaboratively with other managers, supervisors, staff and stakeholders in order to achieve key facility and corporate priorities.
- Responsible for the day to day operational supervision, development and delivery of the following services;-
- Seasonal Facilities and Beaches :Special projects and initiatives as requireResponsible for ensuring effective and positive working within and across the facilities and locations, and more broadly within the service and corporate projects, initiatives and partnerships in order to meet customer needs and delivery of corporate strategies and local objectives.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to corporate standards and requirements
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
- At least 2 years' experience of working with the general public.
- At least 2 years' experience in Supervision of staff.
- At least 2 years' experience of key holding responsibilities, and Facility supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Incident management and record keeping.
- Ability to use imitative.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Available to cover when required late June to early September (Normally weekend hours).
- A current full, Category B (car) driving license or equivalent valid in the UK
- At least 2 years' experience of working with young people.
- At least 2 years' experience relating to the coastal environment.
This role will be an immediate start for Summer season, working every Thursday - Sunday between 10am-8pm
Please forward cv to email@example.com or call 028 25642699