Grafton specialist team are delighted to be working in conjunction with a superb company who are seeking a Bid Manager to join the team. As Bid Manager you will be responsible for formulating the bid strategy and leading the bid team.
- Assemble and manage the bid team; comprising business development, pre-construction and technical managers.
- Formulate a winning bid strategy with the senior management team including the leads on commercial, technical, bid submission and procurement.
- Implement bid launch meetings to communicate the winning bid strategy and inform all parties of the individual responsibilities for the bid; including scope of response, timing and review process.
- Regularly review the bid progress taking action to ensure compliance with the winning bid strategy. Escalate issues within the chain of command where conflicting pressures apply.
- Interrogate the commercial, technical and bid submission responses to drive a best value offering to the Client, capturing value engineering, alternative products, alternative phasing, reduced programmes and innovative solutions.
- Encourage an integrated team approach, bringing enthusiasm and energy to the bid process.
- Play a key role in the delivery of tender presentations to the Client teams.
- Manage the tender clarification process; during and post bid stages.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the pre-construction process.
- Seek client feedback in respect of all submissions to drive improvements
- Liaise effectively with the Communications team to ensure all promotional opportunities are fully realised.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent qualification. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable work experience as deemed appropriate by Management.
At least ten years' experience working in construction with good career continuity.
Suitable and sufficient experience in a managerial environment with demonstrable capabilities which have led to the award of construction contracts.
Strong technical and commercial acumen
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.