My client based in Dublin City Centre are looking for bike mechanics.
Bike Mechanics perform a key role in running and maintaining public bike share service. Primarily they are responsible for ensuring bikes are well maintained to the highest safety standards at all times and repairs are carried out efficiently to ensure an adequate supply of safe and well-presented bikes on the street.
They also clean our bikes and can be involved in maintaining our stations and providing on street assistance to customers in all weather conditions. The work is quite physical and candidates need to be capable of manual handling, following best practice in this regard. They also act as "Ambassadors" for the company and as such must ensure polite interaction with the pubic and other road users at all times.
The work, mainly based in our workshops but also in the field, will be very hands on with regard to bikes, stations and stock. The post will require a flexible individual to operate in a maintenance setting where the necessity to deal with a number of unforeseen incidents is inherent in the role. You may at times be tasked with the on street installation or re-location of Public Bike Scheme infrastructure.
In addition to the Bike Scheme, JCDecaux also have Outdoor Advertising Plant, Automatic Public Conveniences (APCs) and a Public Wayfinding Scheme. As part of our Technical Team you will be expected to contribute across the full range of existing and future plant. We will require flexibility from the successful candidate to work on any JCDecaux plant as and when required, giving assistance in a scheduled or ad-hoc basis.
The candidate should have a proven track record in mechanical maintenance and must show a flexible multi skilled mind-set. A history of bike maintenance either in a professional or personal capacity is preferred. Flexibility with regard to availability for rotas which can change and can include early morning, night and weekend shifts is required. Ability to perform repetitive tasks to set targets while maintaining standards and remaining alert to the development of new issues.
They will be able to work on their own initiative at times and must have the ability to prioritise tasks as required. Some work is carried out 5 meters plus from the ground so the ability to work at height is needed. Applicants must have exceptional written and spoken English skills and a good standard of computer literacy. Candidates with a full clean driving licence are preferred, however those without, may be taken on at the lower grade of Junior Mechanic with the expectation that driving will be mastered in a reasonable timeframe. Those with less mechanical experience or, as is normally the case, unexperienced in maintaining dublinbikes will normally be taken on initially at the lower grade of Junior Mechanic. Experience of outdoor construction work would be an additional advantage.
This section describes many of the likely activities in which the Bike Mechanic will be involved. While not an exhaustive list it's designed to give you a feel for the nature and possible scope of the work.
- Bike maintenance and repair both workshop and field based.
- Installation of public bike scheme infrastructure on the street.
- Fault finding, problem solving, resolving and documenting issues.
- Installations, commissioning, maintenance and removals of various plant including bikes, bike terminals, bike stands, advertising displays, wayfinding plant and APCs.
- Recovering bikes from the field.
- Maintaining accurate records including logging PPM on equipment, plant and your stock and spare part usage in the Bike Workshop.
- Organising your work in the Bike Workshop to ensure we maximise the quality of service delivered to Subscribers.
- Checking and ensuring maintenance of standards in relation to safety, quality, cleaning and maintenance.
- Assisting with regulation and cleaning duties.
- Communicate effectively with and follow instructions from your Supervisor and the Call Centre. Report trends and any station issues back to base, as well as any incidents including driving accidents.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary.