This international law firm have been providing a wide range of services to their clients across the globe for over 40 years.
Staffline Specialist Recruitment is working with them to recruit a Billing Coordinator to operate form their Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Professional to gain autonomy with the firm's compliance standards and oversight and to develop their career and gain experience in this niche, fast paced firm.
- Prepare draft invoices, review and revise narratives in accordance with Firm billing policies, guidelines and standard processes, execute time/cost transfers and other value adjustments; finalize invoices and ensure that invoices are delivered for payment (via e-mail, post or e-billing as applicable); execute all billing tasks in accordance with established standard processes.
- Submit client invoices through vendor E-Billing system, executing in accordance with client and firm guidelines.
- Identify and resolve technical issues and rejections including reasons, consulting with others as appropriate and escalating issues to management on a timely basis.
- Maintain and update client billing information, instructions and requirements necessary in processing invoices.
- Evaluate complex situations using multiple sources of information, exercising good analytical skills.
- With limited supervision, work independently to complete assigned tasks and work responsibilities in order to meet agreed objectives; consider the impact of recommendations when making decisions or resolving problems.
- Freely exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way, and be sensitive to audience diversity.
- Exercise required degree of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others and in handling sensitive issues.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within some areas of a finance function demonstrating finance skills and experience transferable / applicable to the role.
- Prior experience in a billing, invoicing or similar role preferable but not essential.
- E-Billing experience would be advantageous.
- General understanding of accounting or finance principles or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge and experience of financial systems (SAP preferred but not required).
- Have confidence to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills or systems when required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Keen attention to details and effective organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Flexibility to work a reasonable shifting schedule is required.
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Private medical insurance.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.