Job Title: Biomedical Scientist, Band 7
Location: Craigavon Hospital
Length: 12 Months
The Client: HSCNI - Southern Trust
- Is responsible to the Lead BMS for the production and quality of scientific data
- Assists with the selection, recruitment and induction of new staff
- Responsible for the deployment of BMSs and MLAs in the department.
- Responsible for the organization of the daily workload to ensure continuity of a quality service. The post holder will need to make alterations to staffing rota to accommodate short term and unexpected changes to the workload.
- Disseminate information as required.
- Instigate, organise and operate stock control systems within the department. This will include the use of computerised stock systems and performance of the year end stock counts.
- To take a key role in the planning of new and developing services. This will include the identification and scientific evaluation of equipment or methods that form the basis of options appraisals in business cases
- Responsible for ensuring that both Internal Quality Control and External Quality Assessment schemes are fully operative.
- To instigate and or implement changes to ensure continuing quality improvement as required in the Quality Manual.
- Ensure that the department's audits are carried out in full and on time. Assist with the analysis and interpretation of audit information including recommending remedial action for non-conformances.
Hours of work: Part time - up to 18 hours
- At least 3 years' experience at Band 6 Biomedical Scientist (Senior BMS) level within in a Cellular Pathology laboratory
- Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences (FIBMS) by examination or hold an MSc in Biomedical Sciences
- Registered Biomedical Scientist with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Able to provide evidence of past personal and professional development which impacts on his/ her laboratory practice.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. These criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Rate of pay: £21.31 per hour
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Coleen O'Hara - email@example.com
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.