Botanic Crew (Tropical Ravine)
Botanic Crew (Tropical Ravine)
Rate of Pay: £9.99
Location: Botanic Gardens
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Community Park Supervisor for the operation of "all front of house" and customer service duties including admissions at the Tropical Ravine. To be responsible to the Community Park Supervisor to ensure a high standard of customer service and cleanliness on the site.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deal with visitors entering the relevant site, signposting, providing venue information, conducting tours, receiving fees for admission and to participate in all Tropical Ravine promotions.
- To assist and take part in the organisation of promotional campaigns, events and activities. To assist in the preparation of display material for exhibitions and education projects.
- To carry out all duties required in the commercial activities including selling goods, maintaining and checking stock levels to satisfy customer needs, receiving and checking goods inwards, signing delivery notes pricing and merchandising as required. To ensure service and stock levels maximise sales and comply with Trading Standard regulations.
- To maintain cleanliness levels on the site including glass panels. Removing waste and disposing of packaging and other materials in accordance with the clients procedures.
- To undertake general and specific cleaning duties, individually or as part of a team throughout all parts of the site; for example, the sweeping, mopping, polishing, litter picking and other relevant duties, of all public and staff areas, and toilets. To operate and use mechanical and electrical cleaning.
- To undertake general and specific portering duties as directed, for example, dismantling, maintenance and storage of seating and, or equipment.
- To be responsible for allocated cash floats and the operation and cashing up of allocated tills and reconciliation of cash at point of sale in accordance with council procedures. To perform appropriate end of day procedures.
- To act promptly upon all comments and, or complaints in a positive and friendly manner and in accordance with the clients procedures.
- To assist with first aid, recording accident or incident details, filling out accident or incident reports, recording accidents and reporting all incidents to management through appropriate channels.
- To carry out all work in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and all council policies and regulations.
- To open and close the building in line with operating hours.
- To complete the fire log on a daily basis and carry out safety checks and faults to assist in the management of devices.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the client.
Applicants must have at least one year's experience in each of the following three areas:
- dealing with enquiries from members of the public in person;
- cash handling on behalf of others; and
- carrying out cleaning duties which must include experience of using cleaning equipment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.