Building Control Officer
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Building Control Officer to join their team.
Role : Building Control Officer
Location : Coleraine - ( May be required to operate from any corporate base within the Council area )
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week Monday to Friday ( May include out of hrs callouts )
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.51 13 weeks + £16.25
Main Duties :
- Provide a high quality, effective and efficient Building Control Service to fulfil Council's statutory responsibilities for implementation and enforcement of The Building Regulations (NI) and The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) Regulations (NI) and allied legislation to ensure buildings are safe, healthy, accessible and sustainable.
- To assist in the delivery of Councils statutory duties under the Disability Discrimination Act to ensure suitable accessibility is afforded to employees, visitors and members of the public in Council controlled premises.
- To assist in the delivery of Council's statutory duties regarding property certificate legal enquiries, dangerous structures, dilapidations, street naming, postal numbering.
- To ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in an effective and timely manner to meet departmental objectives.
- Provide a professional and technical advice and consultancy service to both internal and external stakeholders, and participation in project teams for Government administered schemes.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Possess a degree in a construction related discipline (such as Architecture, Building, or Civil / Structural Engineering
- Full corporate membership of an appropriate building related professional institution or association, such as RIBA, RICS (Building Surveyors Section), MICE, MI Struct E, ABE (Building Surveyors Section), or CIOB
- At least 2 years relevant experience within the last 5 years in a building / construction discipline
- A working knowledge of current IT packages and competent in the use of Microsoft Office and Windows Applications
- Possess a working knowledge of the principles of building technology and current building techniques, their practical application and the ability to interpret working drawings and specifications.
- Possess the ability to ensure that buildings and associated works are constructed in accordance with Building Regulations.
- An understanding of the issues impacting on service delivery.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- A current full driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post in full.
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act
If you are interested and meet ALL Essential Criteria please apply via the link.