Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Building Control Officer to join their team.
Role : Building Control Officer
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.52 13 weeks +16.25
Main Duties :
- Providing a high quality, effective and efficient Building Control Service to fulfil Council's statutory responsibilities for implementation and enforcement of The Building Regulations (NI) and The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) Regulations (NI) and allied legislation to ensure buildings are safe, healthy, accessible and sustainable.
- Assisting in the delivery of Council's statutory duties under the Disability Discrimination Act to ensure suitable accessibility is afforded to employees, visitors and members of the public in Council controlled premises.
- Assisting in the delivery of Council's statutory duties regarding property certificate legal enquiries, dangerous structures, dilapidations, street naming, postal numbering.
- Ensuring that all responsibilities are carried out in an effective and timely manner to meet departmental objectives.
- Providing a professional and technical advice and consultancy service to both internal and external stakeholders, and participation in project teams for Government administered schemes.
- Ensuring that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Have a degree, or equivalent qualification, in a construction related discipline such as Architecture, Building or Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Be a full corporate member of a professional body relevant to the building profession, for example, Association of Building Engineers (Building Surveyors Section); Chartered Institute of Building; Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists; Institution of Civil Engineers; Institution of Structural Engineers; Royal Institute of British Architects; Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (Building Surveyors Section) or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of two years' relevant experience working in a building / construction discipline
- At least one year's experience of using Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of building regulations and other relevant building related legislation.
- Knowledge of the principles of building technology and current building techniques, their practical application and the ability to interpret working drawings and specifications.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.