Building Control Surveyor
Temporary Building Control Surveyor required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £17.06 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 2 months pending review
- Carry out the full range of duties associated with the responsibilities of the Building Control Service including out of hours inspections, as required by the Lead Building Control Surveyor or relevant senior manager
- Participate in the department's out of hours emergency call out service
- Actively participate in and progress through a structured development programme to build on professional experience and competence
- Proactively liaise with and work in partnership with other organisations (public, private, voluntary and community), actively participating in specialist working groups and taking part in project teams
- Responsible for the efficient delivery of all work assigned by the Lead Building Control Surveyor or relevant senior manager, ensuring that all relevant agreed targets are achieved so that a quality, customer focused Building Control Service is delivered
- Manage time and performance in line with service standards, being responsible for organising personal daily work demands to ensure attendance at team and other service meetings arranged by management
- Ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved so that a quality, customer focused service is delivered
- Provide such reports, records and statistical information as required by the Lead Building Control Surveyor or relevant senior manager
- Keep informed of all new developments within the area of work to which the post holder is currently assigned; proactively making suggestions for improvement of work practices and services provided
- Participate as required in the training and development of persons within the service including students and those on work experience
- Provide technical support, advice and guidance related to the work of the service for internal staff, the industry and the public
- Engage with consultants and contractors employed to support the service
- Participate in the service Help Line facility
- Have a third level qualification in a building related subject
- Possess a full, current driving licence
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.