Building Control Surveyor
Building Control Surveyor
The Client: Local Public body based in Newry, serving local residents.
* Provide a pre-submission consultation service and advise building professionals and the general public on procedures and requirements for obtaining approval under the Building Regulations.
* Validation of new applications, assessing that the information and fees submitted are acceptable.
* To implement the range of services associated with the application, interpretation and enforcement of Building Regulations, Dangerous Structures legislation and allied legislation.
* To implement the range of services associated with plan assessments and inspection of projects on site for Full Plan, Building Notice and Regularisation applications to ensure they meet the requirements of the Building Regulations.
* Assist in the conveyancing process by ensuring the timely completion of Building Regulation applications.
* Evaluation of contraventions of the Building Regulations, including the accurate and timely preparation of evidence and relevant paperwork for legal proceedings in conjunction with the Council's legal advisors and representing the Council in court as required.
* To ensure effective enforcement of unauthorised works under Building Regulations, including the accurate and timely preparation of evidence and relevant paperwork for legal proceedings in conjunction with the Council's legal advisors and representing the Council in court as required.
* Act as an expert witness and provide specialist opinion in criminal or civil court including, investigation of complaints, monitoring, preparation of statements, gathering evidence and attendance at court.
* Management of designated geographical inspection areas including enforcement, prioritisation of workloads and management of cover arrangement for absenteeism.
* Liaison with other statutory bodies, professionals for example, Architects, Engineers, Solicitors, the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service, Housing Executive, Department of Infrastructure, necessary to ensure a unified approach to compliance.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday- Friday, 8am- 4pm
* Current full corporate professional membership of CIAT, RIBA, CIOB, CABE, RICS (Building Surveying) and/or a degree in an Architectural or Building Related Studies with a minimum of 2 years relevant post qualification experience. OR HNC/HND in Building Studies with a minimum of 3 years relevant Post Qualification experience.
* Experience of working on: a) Interpreting working drawings and specifications. b) Current Building Regulations. c) Current building techniques and experience in their application.
* Hold a full current driving licence and access to transport, or access to transport to meet the requirements of the post. OR Have access to a mode of transport that will enable the post holder to fulfil the role in full. (It should be noted that the post will involve travel across the district on a regular basis)
* Be able to demonstrate competence in the use of Microsoft office applications including email, spread sheets, databases
* Ability to work outside of normal office hours, including evenings, weekends, and public/bank holidays
* Qualified and accredited to conduct Fire Risk Assessments desirable
* Hold a current valid CSR card desirable
* Accredited to carry out access audits in compliance with DDA legislation desirable
In Return: Rates of pay £16.24 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up-to-date CV by clicking the button.