Building Supervisor - Belfast City Centre
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Building Supervisor to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: £10.01pr hour
Location: Belfast, City Centre
Hours: 36 hours per week (must be able to work Saturday)
Hold a valid Full Driving Licence
A minimum of one years' experience working as Assistant Building Supervisor, Caretaker or similar role in a medium/large building
Previous responsibility for security of building, opening/closing and key holder duties
Knowledge of building cleaning methods and the use of electrical cleaning machinery e.g. floor polishing equipment
Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and practices e.g. COSHH and/or CLP regulations the ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
To provide cleaning and non-cleaning services under the direction of the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person and in accordance with the practices and procedures of Libraries NI.
- Security of the Premises and its contents.
- Open and close the premises and grounds, except in circumstances where the employing designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person authorises another person to do so.
- Ensure that all windows are closed, doors and gates, both internal and external are locked at the end of each day.
- Safe custody of the keys of the premises, the allocation of keys to Cleaning staff (where appropriate) and ensuring that keys used by the Cleaning staff are returned at the end of each working day.
- Operate and monitor Security Camera System including changing and storing of used tapes where appropriate.
- Operate Fire Alarm, Burglar Alarm and Building Security Systems and report any faults.
- Efficient operation of the boiler/heating system ensuring value for money and energy conservation in accordance with the Libraries NI Policy.
- Lighting and heating of the premises and the routine maintenance of plant including school meals accommodation where there are common services.
- Ensure adequate fuel is requisitioned in good time.
- Monitor and document the usage of fuel, water and electricity.
- Plan, organise and control the work of Cleaning staff (if appropriate) to ensure that Libraries NI standards are met, it being understood that the Building Supervisor personally undertakes cleaning duties.
- Plan periodic work in consultation with service users and report plans to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person.
- Recommend and implement changes in work procedures in accordance with the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person to improve economy, standards or ease of operation.
- Monitor suitability and performance of materials and light equipment and advise the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person where these are inappropriate for the task.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**