Buisness Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Band 8 Business Development Manager required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £24.10/hr
Location: Franklin Street
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The BSO provides a range of professional services to customer organisations across the Health & Social Care System in Northern Ireland. The post holder will be primarily responsible for managing performance of the services delivered to customer organisations and supporting growth in BSO services. This will include leading in support of the Assistant Director in the development of new Service Level Agreements and/or variations to existing Service Level Agreements to ensure all services provided are accurately reflected and costed. A key part of the role is ensuring that the services delivered to customers are of the agreed quality required to support the wider business needs of the HSC. This will require working closely with all BSO service areas, the Finance Team and our customer organisations. This post will include responsibility for monitoring and reporting of key performance data in relation to Service Level Agreements. The post holder will also be responsible for developing and leading on Business Planning processes, leading the review and implementation of Customer Survey approaches and methodologies, review and development of Benchmarking approaches and ensuring reporting arrangements are in place for customers, SMT and the BSO Board in agreement with the Assistant Director. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Assistant Director of Customer Care & Performance and with the Assistant Directors and Heads of Service across the full range of BSO services. The post holder will actively lead and co-ordinate the development of growth within BSO, liaising with external customer organisations and internal service areas.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Modernisation and Change:
- To lead the research, development and implementation of a revised BSO wide Benchmarking Strategy, developing and weighing up options to modernise the current approach.
- To manage the corporate approach to the growth and development of BSO services by developing and implementing appropriate policies and processes.
- To provide high level governance advice to all BSO Directorates, supporting services to identify and progress opportunities for growth.
- To manage growth opportunities through to decision and ensure the realisation of the opportunity into operation through developing new Service Level Agreements or varying existing Service Level Agreements.
- To work collaboratively with senior managers across all BSO service areas to implement and ensure adherence to the 'Protocol for the Operation of Service Level Agreements'.
- To manage the development of the BSO Service Catalogue ensuring ongoing review and updating of the Catalogue to reflect all business services
- To oversee all BSO service areas in relation to growth and development of new and existing services to reduce risk through the standardisation of processes and procedures.
- To analyse a wide range of complex performance data from across all BSO services, exercising judgement on performance and challenging where appropriate to ensure continuous improvement in the delivery of services. -
- To manage and oversee the BSO business planning processes, working across all BSO services to ensure the development of plans and targets to achieve organisational objectives.
10.To provide advice to the Assistant Director in relation to the development and monitoring of the Customer Care and Performance Departmental budget
11.To deputise as required for the Assistant Director of Customer Care and Performance at senior level internal and external forums and present reports across the full range of Customer Care and Performance functions
12.To review existing policy and procedure across the full range of functional areas within the Customer Care and Performance Department, weighing up options for change and making recommendations for change to be implemented at organisational level.
13.To provide leadership and advice across all areas within their area of responsibility in relation to Growth and Development of BSO services, business planning processes, performance management frameworks, benchmarking and customer feedback.
14.To develop and maintain relationships with customers to understand customer needs and their business to recognise where BSO can add value.
15.To develop and maintain internal relationships to gain an understanding of BSO products and services to identify potential synergies between BSO and new and existing customer organisations.
16.To establish and support relevant forums where parties collaborate and engage, providing opportunities to create a deeper understanding of BSO products and services.
- To monitor staff attendance ensuring adherence to BSO policy.
- To provide direction, management and motivation to staff to deliver on team and organisational goals and objectives
- To participate personally in the organisation's Performance Review Scheme and review individually on a regular basis the performance of any direct reports, providing guidance on personal development requirements and advice on appropriate action
- Take responsibility for a team of staff and maintain good relationships and morale amongst those reporting to him/her.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within his/her control consistent with effective decision making whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results.
- Participate as required in the selection and appointment of staff reporting to him/her in accordance with procedures laid down.
- Take such action as may be necessary in disciplinary matters in accordance with procedures laid down.
- Promote equality of opportunity through his/her own actions and ensure that policy is adhered to by staff for which he/she has responsibility
- Establish and promote a supportive, fair and open culture that encourages and enables all parts of the team to have clearly aligned goals and objectives, to meet the required performance standards and to achieve continuous improvement in the services they deliver.
10.Ensure access to skills and personal development through appropriate training and support.
- A University Degree or relevant professional qualification and have 3 years' experience working in a Customer Service/Performance Management/Contract Management role at middle to senior management level1 in a major complex organisation
1b) 5 years' experience working in a Customer Service/ Performance Management/Contract Management role in major complex organisation3 , 3 of which must be working at middle to senior management level4 at middle to senior management level.
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders in a role which has delivered against challenging performance management programmes contributing to the successful implementation of organisational level goals.
- At least 2 years' experience in the use of Microsoft office in a workplace environment including Word, PowerPoint and Excel to support high level reporting for a wide range of audiences and the ability to analyse and interpret complex data.
- Demonstrate evidence of Business Case development involving significant projects spanning more than 12 months.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by The Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Demonstrate high level organisational skills with the ability to work to demanding and competing timescales in the implementation, delivery and support of a complex service and customer management environment;
- Demonstrate evidence of influencing, exercising governance and leadership to deliver outcomes aligned to strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate evidence of highly developed communication, influencing and negotiating skills outside your span of control to deliver change and improvement in service outcomes across a complex environment.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.