Bus Shelter Development Executive
My client based in Dublin South are looking for as Bus Shelter Development Executive.
The role of Bus Shelter Development Executive is a permanent position working on significant and multi-site Bus Shelter installation projects which will be in locations across the Republic of Ireland.
As Bus Shelter Development Executive, you will be responsible for the efficient planning and roll out of these construction projects within the agreed timescales and budgets, to the required specification and quality while observing the highest Health & Safety, Traffic Management and Construction standards.
Flexibility will be required to ensure schedules and targets are consistently met. Elements of the work will be both Office-based and Field-based, you will act as one of our primary contacts between our Local Authority stakeholders, our permit to work stakeholders, ESB Networks and other utility providers, our own in-house shelter build team, the appointed Civil Contractor and other elements of our in-house shelter build team various departments.
The production of regular and accurate updates, status reports together with meticulous record keeping and work verification will be a features of the tasks involved in this position, as will the running of regular progress meetings in person and via Teams / phone conversations.
Applicants must have exceptional organisational skills and those having attained appropriate qualifications or experience in the disciplines of quantity surveying; civil engineering; construction or project management will be at an advantage. The successful candidate must possess a full clean driving licence with their own transport.
Early morning/evening/night and weekend work may be required throughout this position. Your working week will be 40 hours normally based on 5 days but longer hours may be required at key points during these project. The salary level will be set to take account of this and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications you bring to the role.
The successful candidate will be based in our Dublin South. The position is available for an immediate start and the successful candidate would need to take up the role as soon as possible. Training and ongoing mentoring will be provided, and a probationary period will apply.
A demonstrable history of organisational skills and relevant experience must be provided, preferably in an area related to civils or construction contracts. The candidate should hold a proven successful track record and must show a flexible, hands-on mindset. Established relationships / experience in Road Opening Licence application or dealing with Local Authorities and with Utility Companies would be a distinct advantage, as would up to date H&S qualifications and experience. Knowledge of Electrical applications and installations would be advantageous.
The successful candidate must be able to work on his / her own initiative and have the ability to prioritise tasks as required and work to challenging deadlines. Applicants must possess a full clean driving licence and have their own transport. Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English skills and a high standard of computer literacy, communication and presentation skills.
This section describes many of the likely activities in which the Bus Shelter Development Executive will be involved. While not an exhaustive list it's designed to give you a feel for the nature and possible scope of the work involved in this markedly flexible and wide ranging role.
You will be involved in numerous activities such as:
- Scheduling work and recording progress on a daily basis.
- Liaising with the appointed Civil Contractor, the Permit section of the Local Authority, ESB Networks, Traffic Management Companies, individual Property Owners and potentially Utility Companies or other areas within the Local Authority.
- Identifying, resolving and documenting issues in a timely manner.
- Ensuring resources including manpower are available as and when required.
- Collate / document and maintain detailed records of site activity which will be used in terms of updating and maintaining safety files / records; cost allocations / variations; records of works complete / as-built records; daily attendance records; weather records etc.
- Ensure materials used are in accordance with those specified and the methods of work employed are acceptable and in line with all works & contract requirements; works specifications and best practice.
- Assisting with the installation of infrastructure if required.
- Checking and ensuring achievement and maintenance of standards in relation to:
- Protection of infrastructure
- Presentation of sites and ancillary infrastructure
- Oversee the proper scheduling & co-ordination of Civil Contractor; staff; ESB networks; Local Authority staff and any other sub-contractors
- Monitoring and assisting with commissioning and quality tests.
- Maintain and keep full records of all testing carried out and all associated documentation
- Monitor use of components and ensure stock control procedures are observed.
- Act as an Ambassador for the project and ensure personal and site presentation is to the highest standard.
- Assist and participate in training programs as required
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary
- Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- A mobile phone, computer and camera will be supplied