Business Admin Support
Temporary Business Admin Support required for a local government organisation based in Ballykeel/Ballymena.
Rate of Pay: £12.73 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:00 - 16:00)
Duration: 3-6 months
- First point of contact for all incoming calls to the senior management team
- Managing the senior management team office including internal/external mail; improving work processes and systems within the office; and working on own initiative to plan and organise the work of the office
- Receiving, prioritising, track and process paper correspondence and electronic communication
- Answering and vetting incoming telephone calls and briefing on correspondence and calls received which have been allocated for progress
- Preparation, co-ordination and tracking of briefing material and draft responses on a wide range of issues
- The collating of papers including production of agenda, preparation of papers, production of minutes of meetings and follow up actions
- Attend appropriate and provide a secretarial service at internal and external meetings
- Assist as required the wider Functional teams and provide administration back up to the Business Units
- Plan and organise workload to meet deadlines and deliver services to the required standard
- Preparation and maintenance of appropriate filing systems, both manual and electronic
- Plan, manage and co-ordinate multiple diaries & documents
- Retrieve, collate and interpret often complex information on behalf of the Business Units
- Preparation and presentation of same in an appropriate format
- Maintain effective channels of communication with internal customers across business
- Maintain regular dialogue with relevant field operations staff in relation to the receipt and collation of information and data
- Contribute to the development of Personal Performance Agreement including objectives and personal development plan and contribute to personal performance reviews
- Purchase order requisition creation and receipting for selected Functional needs e.g. stationery
- Making cost effective travel and accommodation arrangements for the senior management team
- A minimum of two years' business administration experience carrying out administration duties including, minute taking, diary co-ordination, reporting and general correspondence
- A high level of competence in the use of current IT packages, in particular Outlook and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritise and manage own workload making the best use of time and resources.
- Maintain a focus on detail and accuracy and produce work of a high quality
- Ability to communicate confidently, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The requirement to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- The ability to analyse a range of information, consult effectively with others and draw sound conclusions based on the information available
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check. This is at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.