Business Assistant (HR & Administration)
Temporary Business Assistant (HR & Administration) required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £12.95 per hour
Location: 9 Adelaide, Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To be responsible for the motivation and management of any assigned business support staff, including the prioritisation and coordination of their workload in liaison with the Business Support Officer to ensure effective service delivery of work to agreed quality, time and budget targets
- To assist in the provision of advice and guidance to operational staff on all human resource matters, including but not exclusively: employee relations; attendance management; discipline and grievance; training and development; payroll and recruitment
- To assist with the coordination and production of all absence management information and to actively monitor actions taken in line with the absence management policy providing reports to management
- To ensure effective liaison with the Occupational Health Service provider in relation to the arrangements for appointments and obtaining reports and providing effective communication with management
- To ensure the coordination of appropriate training and development activities for all staff across the department, including part-time study, inductions and the development of Personal Development Plans and other relevant documents
- To assist relevant senior managers in developing action plans to meet the training and development requirements under their control
- To assist the Business Support Officer with the processing of all salaries and wages information and returns to specified deadlines in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To be responsible to the Business Support Officer for the coordination and monitoring of all procedures, record keeping and reporting activities with regard to all human resource, administrative and quality matters
- To assist the Business Support Officer with the development, review and implementation of quality initiatives
- To keep under active review the necessary human resource systems and procedures to support the service's business needs in liaison with the Business Support Officer
- To provide secretarial support for disciplinary and grievance cases, industrial relations meetings and other management meetings ensuring that agendas, minutes and correspondence are circulated in a timely manner
- Be able to demonstrate by providing specific examples at leastoneyears' relevant Human Resources experience in each of the following areas:
- Participating in recruitment and selection panels and delivering an end to end recruitment service including shortlisting and interviewing
- Giving advice to operational managers on employee resourcing matters and providing related administrative support
- Working with computerised systems to include Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Access
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.