Temporary Business Coordinator required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £18.53 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:30-17:00)
Duration: 2 months pending review
- Support the Human Resource Manager(s) in ensuring that human resources and employee relations issues for the department are effectively managed and reported on
- Act as investigating officer and carry out investigations, including grievance, and disciplinary, in accordance with the human resources policies and procedures
- Be responsible for the ongoing monitoring, measurement and compliance auditing of departmental human resource performance data, for example, overtime working, agency working, attendance management etc. and for direct participation in absence management, disciplinary and grievance cases as required
- Assist the Human Resources Manager(s) in the effective management of sickness absence
- Be responsible for the effective monitoring of all employee relations cases ensuring compliance with procedure and to maintain relevant Case Management Systems
- Be responsible for monitoring and managing the employment of agency workers within the department and ensure compliance with legislation and corporate policies
- Oversee the effective management of the department's redeployment process.
- Oversee the management of the department's vacancy control procedure
- Represent the department through participation in corporate working groups, project groups and other consultative meetings, including meetings with trade unions and staff representatives, corporate human resources, legal services and other officers
- Be responsible for responding to, and monitoring appropriate requests under FOI and data protection legislation and to ensure compliance with such legislation
- Assist the HR Manager(s) in the preparation of case papers for employment tribunals
- Provide advice on all employee relations and change management matters in such areas as structural reviews, job evaluation exercises and categorisation processes
- Be responsible for the provision of appropriate departmental information to payroll, for example, overtime, sickness absence information and similar information
- Support the HR Manager(s) in ensuring the accurate and timely production of all information required for reports, official returns for measuring the department's performance on HR matters.
- Represent the Human Resource Manager(s) as required.
- A relevant third level qualification in Human Resources, Business Studies or equivalent qualification; and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant experience in each of the following areas
- providing advice and guidance to senior managers on a range of human resources issues including employee relations, training and development, payroll, absence management, disciplinary, grievance and capability processes;
- direct participation in complex absence management, disciplinary and grievance processes; and
- managing and motivating administrative support staff on a daily basis including programming workloads and priorities to ensure the objectives of the organisation are met.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.