Business Development Executive
Staffline Ireland are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive on behalf of a leading postal company. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join an established company, developing a leading brand. The Business Development Executive will maximise sales growth consistent with company strategy and objectives. Serving as the key point of contact for all assigned existing accounts, you will effectively manage a designated portfolio of customers, including planning and prioritising sales activity to ensure customer retention, growth, and profitability.
- Meet, negotiate, agree services and pricing terms with customers in line with agreed targets.
- Conduct sales calls, carry out pre-call planning and preparation, and develop a self-analytical approach to identify learning areas from each call.
- Promote and sell all services to new and assigned customers and to cross sell other services where appropriate.
- Ensure correct information/data is provided for billing purposes and facilitate prompt payment by customers once invoiced.
- Ensure contractually agreed service standards are provided to individual customers and, where necessary, liaise with Operations and other functional areas to ensure any issues are resolved in a timely manner to the customer's satisfaction. Escalate non-standard queries to Line Manager or another appropriate Manager.
- Work with Line Manager to develop customer and or sector specific plans, ensuring the delivery of agreed targets. Update Line Manager about changes in competitor activities and other market changes.
- Discuss, agree, and document assigned activity, Key Performance Indicator tools, and targets as agreed with Line Manager. Deliver targets as per pre-agreed budgets.
- Effectively utilise CRM systems to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. Provide accurate and timely internal reports, both regular and ad-hoc.
- Successfully complete career development courses and additional training as required.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Education to "A" level standard or equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience with a proven track record in meeting sales targets
- Ability to understand and articulate customer needs and requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to adapt communication style, amount and format based upon the audience and conduct face-to-face presentations
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients, and influence at a colleague level
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, including ability to analyse data and draw relevant conclusions
- Full, valid UK driving licence
- University degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of postal and/or parcel industry
- Experience in managing public sector accounts
The successful Business Development Executive will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus Commission, Car/Car Allowance, Enhanced Annual Leave, Long Service Rewards, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance Scheme, Career Development Opportunities and Access to a Well-Established Employee Assistance Programme Provider.
The Business Development Executive role will be based in Greater Belfast with option of hybrid working and will involve face to face sales visits.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.