Business Development Manager
Temporary Business Development Manager required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: Band 8a
Location: BSO Headquarters, 2 Franklin Street Belfast, BT28DQ
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The BSO provides a range of professional services to customer organisations across the Health & Social Care System in Northern Ireland. The post holder will be primarily responsible for managing performance of the services delivered to customer organisations and supporting growth in BSO services. A key part of the role is ensuring that the services delivered to customers are of the agreed quality required to support the wider business needs of the HSC. This will require working closely with all BSO service areas, the Finance Team, and our customer organisations.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead the research, development, and implementation of a revised BSO wide Bench marking Strategy, developing and weighing up options to modernise the current approach.
- To manage the corporate approach to the growth and development of BSO services by developing and implementing appropriate policies and processes.
- To provide high level governance advice to all BSO Directorates, supporting services to identify and progress opportunities for growth.
- To manage growth opportunities through to decision and ensure the realisation of the opportunity into operation through developing new Service Level Agreements or varying existing Service Level Agreements.
- To work collaboratively with senior managers across all BSO service areas to implement and ensure adherence to the 'Protocol for the Operation of Service Level Agreement's.
- To provide leadership and advice across all areas within their area of responsibility in relation to Growth and Development of BSO services, business planning processes, performance management frameworks, bench marking, and customer feedback.
- To develop and maintain relationships with customers to understand customer needs and their business to recognise where BSO can add value.
- To lead on all elements of customer feedback including surveys, other metrics, and face to face discussions. The post holder will also be responsible for evaluating existing methodologies to ensure they meet best practice and identifying continuous improvements to existing services based on customer feedback.
- To negotiate and influence senior managers across BSO and in external customer organisations in relation to achieving change and improvement to deliver the vision of a Shared Services organisation that meets customer expectations.
- A University Degree or relevant professional qualification and have 3 years' experience working in a Customer Service/Performance Management/Contract Management role at middle to senior management level 1 in a major complex organisation
- 5 years' experience working in a Customer Service/ Performance Management/Contract Management role in major complex organisation 3, 3 of which must be working at middle to senior management level 4 at middle to senior management level.
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders in a role which has delivered against challenging performance management programmes contributing to the successful implementation of organisational level goals.
- Demonstrate high level organisational skills with the ability to work to demanding and competing timescales
- Demonstrate evidence of influencing, exercising governance and leadership to deliver outcomes aligned to strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate evidence of highly developed communication, influencing and negotiating skills outside your span of control to deliver change and improvement in service outcomes across a complex environment.
- An understanding of Business Planning processes, performance management and improvement, contract management
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.