Business Planning Professional
Job Title: Business Planning Professional
This role is responsible for maintaining the data models for our client) which feed into and shape the Long Term (10yr), Medium Term(5yr) and Annual Operating Plans (LTP/ MTP/AOP) and day to day operations. The role will also have the responsibility to track in life delivery against the overall LTP/MTP/AOP managing and mitigating risks and opportunities to the business.
Successful delivery within this role will result in the successful tracking of the overall client TLR (Total Labour Resource) and TLC (Total Labour Cost) managing and escalating all variations against LTP/MTP/AOP targets.
What you will be doing
- Maintains the LTP/MTP data modelling for ORNI including data insight modelling for key initiatives / business cases.
- Develops key working system size (WSS) and volume forecasts for ORNI including Provision (Copper, Frames, FTTC. FTTP and Ethernet) and Repair (Copper, Broadband, FTTP) etc
- Responsible for tracking overall delivery against key forecasts including volumetrics and TLR&TLC tracking for ORNI.
- Input into and supports the development of the medium and long term business plan for ORNI.
- Empowering and engaging people and teams to take ownership of customer issues, and create an environment where all members of the team take ownership of customer outcomes.
- Accountable for building successful strategic relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders including ORNI Leadership and management teams to drive performance, future plans and escalations.
Skills required for the job
- Operational understanding of an engineering or service type business.
- Business and commercial acumen required to ensure an ability for balanced decision making across customer, operational and financial requirements.
- Strong data insight ability including an ability to develop commercial modelling and management information system (MIS) tools.
- Collaboration and effective team working skills, especially where there are conflicting demands.
- Ability to build trusted relationships across senior stakeholders and management teams.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to translate complex financial and operational performance and challenges into concise business updates working across senior stakeholders and virtual teams.
- Experience in developing strategic business plans and budgets including the development of business forecasts.
Experience you would be expected to have
- Operationally and commercially focused.
- Data focused with strong data insight and excel skills.
- Excellent in translating complex data insights into concise business updates working across senior stakeholders and virtual teams.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven track record of converting market and business insight into strategic business plans including the development of MIS and Business Modelling tools.
- Experience developing and implementing LTP/MTP/AOP for long term strategic business success.
- Experience managing OPEX, CAPEX and TLR/TLC budgets - tracking and mitigating associated risks and opportunities.
- Fully or part-qualified accountant / Further qualification to support specialism with significant PQE (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent), or equivalent experience