Business Support Administrator
Business Support Administrator
The Client: Local Public organisation based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing a modern, efficient, professional and customer-focused administrative service and contribute as an integral member of the Business Support Team:
- Provide an effective reception and switchboard service, acting as first point of contact for callers and visitors.
- Provide a modern, efficient, professional and customer-focused administration service providing administrative support for meetings (including preparation of agendas, minute taking and any follow up administrative tasks) and multi-functional projects.
- Carryout administrative tasks to support the business as usual requirements of other directorates/functions e.g. Service Delivery, Service Support, Finance and HR.
- Collate information, letters, memos, statistics, reports and other documents for use by management, committees or working groups.
- Provide advice, guidance, and support, as required, to other staff on current administrative processes.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Draft responses to general queries received via email or forward these to the appropriate section for further action.
- Develop and maintain databases, spreadsheets and other documents, ensuring that all computerised and manual systems used by the Transformation, Performance & Governance Directorate are maintained accurately and updated on a timely basis e.g. inventory, customer charter complaints etc.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to completion.
- Arrange all non-training related travel bookings for Board Members and staff.
- Establish suitable physical and electronic records management systems, maintaining these in line with the Records Management Policy and Disposal Schedule.
- Provide other general office duties, including but not limited to photocopying, ordering, requisitioning of stores, binding, laminating and filing.
Hours of work: 36.25 hours, Monday- Friday, 9.00am- 5.00pm.
- 5 GCSEs Grades A-C including English or English language (excluding English Literature) and Mathematics and at least two years' experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support of meetings.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of windows and Microsoft applications, to include word, excel and outlook
- Can demonstrate: effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail, the ability to work individually and as part of a team, effective communication skills (both oral & written), an ability to produce timely and accurate information and a customer service orientation
- Desirable: experience of taking and producing minutes and action plans arising from meetings; experience of working within local government or the public sector; experience of managing a busy switchboard
- Rates of pay £10.35 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.