Business Support Assistant
Main Purpose of Post
- Reporting to the Business Support Manager, the post holder will provide full business support and administrative assistance in an effective, efficient and customer focused manner in order to meet the needs of the service.
- The post holder will support the management team as required and assist in the delivery of specific projects as deemed appropriate. This may include, but will not be limited to, research and collating of data; ensuring information is prepared and presented in a timely and appropriate method; supporting and managing interdepartmental and external working relationships in a strong and effective manner.
- The post holder will be flexible to provide cover in any specific duty within the department in support of other members of the Sport and Wellbeing Service Area.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support compiling, letters, mail-merge, memos, forms, reports, tenders, specifications, obtaining quotations, press releases, charts, graphs, posters and room bookings as necessary.
- Administer all areas of finance within the facilities e.g. invoicing, cash handling, lodgements etc.
- Create, validate and edit address information relevant to special projects and programmes operating within the Sport and Wellbeing department on behalf of project officers and all corporate members on the Leisure Management System.
- Undertake a range of front desk activities (as required), including directing calls and enquiries, taking messages, collecting/delivering/handling post and providing administrative support to managers and staff involved with tournaments and events. This includes provision of administrative support for Facility Operations, Sport & Wellbeing/Development Services and the Sport & Wellbeing Senior Management Team (as required).
- Support Managers in the development, management and delivery of specific projects and all associated tasks as directed.
- When assisting with specific projects, act as a point of communication in the absence of Lead Officers.
- Assist in the training of new staff in administration functions as appropriate.
- Preparing agendas for meetings, attend to record proceedings and distribution of approved minutes and action sheets.
- Use of ICT systems/databases including associated tasks for the following (this list is not exhaustive); on-line bookings, billing and payment records, direct debit payments. Also use the management booking systems for Community Centres, sports facilities etc. (to include the Legend Club Management System).
- Have excellent knowledge of the facilities and service activities, memberships, promotions and prices and proactively up and cross -sell these when possible, ensuring all public information is available, relevant and presented professionally.
- Ensure Council and operational policies and procedures are complied with in relation to invoicing and financial returns and administrative requirements. Liaise with external parties in relation to accounts and invoices. Provide supporting financial information to Finance Department, groups and committees.
- Preparation and checking of statistical data for management reports, budgets and projects as required.
- Undertake a range of office duties including: use of the internet for research and information purposes; using the Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to prepare and circulate correspondence and documents, including confidential matters; and photocopying. Opening, processing, distribution and recording of mail; filing, faxing, printing and binding
- Assisting with the preparation of events, meetings and functions including administration, catering and any other associated duties.
- Maintain supply of stationary/accessories for the department and Service Managers.
- Prepare monthly statements of financial transactions and year-end reports.
- Attend work related conferences, seminars, workshops, training as appropriate.
- Cover reception when required - e.g.: cover breaks or last minute sickness.
- Five GCSE's (Grade A-C) or equivalent including Mathematics and English
- One year's experience of working in administration to include finance
- One year's knowledge of Microsoft Office Products to include Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
- One year's experience in handling cash and cash reconciliation
- One years' experience dealing with the general public.
- Experience in using front desk booking system/Legend booking system
Full time role 9am-5pm
£9.25 per hr increasing to £10.41 after 12 weeks
Interested applicants please forward cv to email@example.com or call office 028 25642699 to discuss further