Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Portstewart require a Business Support Assistant to join their team.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Hourly Rate: £10.50 increasing to £11.60 after 12 weeks
- The post holder will carry out business support and administrative duties across the Leisure & Development Directorate.
- The post holder will provide an efficient, professional and customer orientated service for visitors and staff to the Leisure & Development Directorate.
- The post holder may be asked to provide cover in any specific duty within the Directorate for any other member of the Business Support and Administration Team.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
- Provide a comprehensive and confidential administrative service across the Leisure & Development Directorate to include compiling letters, mail-merge, memos, forms, reports, tenders, specifications, Licences, flyers, charts or graphs as necessary.
- Act as first point of contact for incoming telephone, email and mail enquiries for the service area, manage through prompt and appropriate response, screening, prioritising and redirecting as required.
- In the absence of Business Support staff within other service areas take telephone calls and messages and redirect as required.
- Implement administrative processes and procedures with regards to projects and management information requirements.
- Maintain filing/records management in line with the Council's Retention and Disposal Schedule. Ensure filing is carried out regularly.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care across the Leisure & Development Directorate with potential and existing customers including receiving requests for service, enquiries and complaints. Process same and action or direct to appropriate Supervisor/Manager.
- Updating of ICT systems/databases.
- Collect and receipt monies from the public in payment of Council services relating to the Leisure & Development Directorate.
- Assist with the preparation of events, meetings and functions including booking of rooms, administration, catering and any other associated duties.
- Prepare and check statistical and organisational data for management reports/budgets/ databases/spreadsheets, ensure deadlines are met.
- Open, process, distribute and record mail.
- Maintain supply of stationery for use within the Directorate.
- Collate and compile accurate data/reports for officers within the Department.
- Providing excellent customer service using all telecommunications available.
- Maintain effective communications and liaison within the Business Support and Administration Team in order to deliver the service within the Directorate.
- Build positive relationships with other staff and colleagues.
- In all areas of work promote a positive image of the Council.
· Five GCSE's (Grades A-C) or equivalent, including English Language and a numerical subject.
- Be able to demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples, two years' experience in a busy multidisciplinary office environment.
· Competent use in word processing
· Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office packages in particular, Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Powerpoint.
- General administration duties; dealing with the public; handling cash and cash reconciliation, dealing with stock.
- Experience of data inputting into workplace ICT systems/databases.
- Microsoft Office products to include; Word, Excel, Powerpoint &
- Experience in use of specialist ICT software such as Total or Tascomi
Full Job Description available on request
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link and if you are shortlisted Leanne Garret will be in contact with you.