Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Business Support Assistant to join their team.
Role : Business Support Assistant
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.25 p/hr 13 weeks + £10.42 p/hr
Main Duties :
- The post holder will carry out administrative duties across the Planning Department, reporting to the Business Support Officers.
- The post holder will provide an efficient, professional and customer orientated service for visitors and staff to the Planning Department and a Business Support role to the Professional & Technical Staff.
- Ensure that the Northern Ireland Planning Portal ICT System is updated on receipt of information within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) or equivalent, including English and a numerical subject.
- Be able to demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples, one year's experience working in a busy administrative environment to include all of the following:
(A) Dealing with the public and responding to enquiries
(B) Dealing with confidential/sensitive information
(C) Handling payments
(D)Maintaining filing systems
- Alternatively, consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification outlined above but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have at least two years' experience working in a busy office environment and two years' experience in the areas outlined at a-e above.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages to include: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Data Protection and Records Management requirements
If you are interested and meet ALL essential criteria please apply via the link.