Business Support Assistants required for casual work with our Public Sector client in Coleraine.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
- Provide customer interface services for all service users including face to face enquires, telephone enquiries etc.
- Provide and operate a wide range of Business Support duties and Front of Desk systems.
- Ensure effective, efficient and positive first point of contact for customers, working within and across the Healthy Living and Sport Service Unit in order to meet customer needs and service objectives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITLIES:
- Operate Front Desk systems to fulfill the needs of service users and across the Healthy Living and Sports Service Unit, plus provide supporting data for same.
- Provide administrative support as required across the Healthy Living and Sports Service Unit.
- Deliver standard operating procedures efficiently and effectively, including all Council and operational policies and procedures and apply emergency Action Plans as required.
- Report defects in, or damages to, Council facilities to appropriate Council personnel for action.
- Deliver high quality cost effective services.
- Continuously improve the Council's overall performance within the facilities.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care across the Healthy Living and Sports Service Unit, dealing with potential and existing users, including enquiries and complaints.
- Enforce regulations which directly impact on the Health and Safety and well-being of all patrons using the Healthy Living and Sports Service Unit.
- Continuous improvement through Learning and Development as deemed necessary for this post eg Health and Safety, staff training, customer care, First Aid etc.
- Promote value for money, service excellence and equality in the delivery of services and employment.
- The post holder should be efficient in planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Maintain effective communications, liaison and partnership working in order to deliver the Service, Directorate and Council
- Contribute to the development of strong working relationships with the public.
- Promote the Borough's reputation and promote a positive image of the Council.
- Demonstrate an open commitment to actively promoting and celebrating diversity within the facilities and its activities. Promote social inclusion and community cohesion.
- The above principal accountabilities are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character/purpose of the job or level of responsibility.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service this may include contribute to the back office support team as and when required, mentoring of new staff on standard operating procedures and the role of the Business Support Unit.
- The postholder's workplace location may be changed to alternative accommodation within the Borough to meet the changing needs of the service.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures including Fair Employment, Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety and Child Protection Policy.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for Local Government employees.
- The post holder may be required to travel between locations in order to effectively fulfill the requirements of the post.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Experience / Essential Criteria
- Five GCSE's (grade A-C) or equivalent including English and Maths
- Be able to demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples, two years experience in a busy multidisciplinary office environment
- Competent use in word processing and use of the Microsoft office packages
- Cash handling and dealing with the public
Other information:- Applicants must be flexible to travel to other centres within council including Ballymoney and Limavady, and be available for casual work as and when required.
If you are interested in this role please forward cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ashleigh 028 25642699